My client is an established and high-quality global asset manager. They are seeking a Head of Product Development EMEA & ASIA. This is an important new position for the strategic growth of the firm.
- Build and manage the Europe & Asia Product Development team, which is responsible for the ongoing product development, governance and management of the Europe & Asia product range of funds, segregated accounts and sub-advised mandates.
- Oversee the launch of new strategies, including the drafting of business cases, partnering with investment and distribution team members to establish the investment and distribution strategy, the navigation of local and global governance committees
- Own the product strategy in close connection with the sales and investment teams.
- Be responsible for the product governance process across EMEA and APAC.
- Manage the business feasibility analysis and project management of the onboarding process for new segregated accounts and sub-advised mandates
- Suggest, review proposals for, and oversee changes to existing funds with a view to ensuring ongoing suitability for clients, improving ability to meet client expectations, enhancing the profitability and competitiveness of the strategies.
- Meet the needs of the firm's key strategic markets, by adhering to all regulatory requirements and continuing to deliver the intended solution to clients.
- Stay connected with equivalent teams in the US
- Own and manage the product development calendar and prospectus updates, and ensure timely regulatory compliance to comply with the business deadlines
- Lead communication with the sales teams to ensure this key client base is kept up to date with any changes to the existing funds and new strategies coming on line.
- Partner with the COO & Business Management team on the investment and return of seed capital
- Build end-to-end product development capability to comply with regulatory requirements
- Responsibility for establishment of infrastructure and all internal processes and procedures in relation to governance and oversight functions
- Excellent academic record
- Strong, demonstrable experience in product within asset management including developing and delivering products.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Good understanding of asset management services, portfolio management, operational processes, and legal and regulatory requirements
- Broad asset class knowledge
- You are able to work on multiple tasks and manage unforeseen urgencies
- You have high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work with teams across a range of departments