We are currently searching for a standalone Head of Product Development which is a new role for our client. The preferred candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of the asset management regulatory environment and UK fund space.
The opportunity is to join a reputable SRI house with an inclusive and flexible working culture.
- Take the lead on projects that arise in the department relating to assessment and design of new product ideas
- Ensure the client is at the heart of this work and that their needs and requirements are considered throughout the development process
- Projects may relate to fund launches, repositioning, maintenance and closures, and any other aspects of product design or delivery as the business requires
- Lead/brief relevant market, product and competitor analysis to support proposals
- Prepare and / or assist with product development proposal papers
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans
- Manage internal communication relating to new product launches and enhancements including regular updates to internal stakeholders
- Analysing market dynamics and prioritising strategic product opportunities
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience within product strategy and development in asset management.
They will have extensive experience developing and implementing new products, working closely with, and pushing back on, sales and investment teams.
An excellent working knowledge of the asset management regulatory environment and fund development in the UK is essential.
- Relevant experience with UK (and other cross-border distributed) funds, product management and development e.g. launches, closures, mergers
- Project management experience, including complex projects, with the ability to manage working groups
- A detailed understanding of how a fund operates e.g. distributions, tax, pricing, valuations
- Experience co-ordinating and/or reviewing unit trust and/or SICAV legal documentation and liaison with internal and external oversight functions
- An understanding of the asset management regulatory environment
- An understanding of fund distribution in the UK and Internationally
- Proven analytical skills, including attention to detail
- Ability to influence/negotiate