Head of Product - Customer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- iwoca Ltd
- 21 Apr 19
Head of Product - Customer
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £750 million to over 25,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
iwoca is entering a new phase of development and we need a Head of Product to look after the tools and products that our customers use every time they interact with iwoca.
Our Customer product team is a new structure at iwoca and is accountable for:
- Multi-product delivery: responsible for ensuring the architecture that enables iwoca to grow our product line is built iteratively and is relevant for both business requirements and customer experience
- Make core products better: ensuring each product attribute - such as how repayment schedules are structured and the types of businesses we serve - are constantly iterated and improved to create the greatest value for our customers and the business.
- New customers engagement: responsible for the product experiences that enable customers get to know and trust iwoca (e.g. our website)
- Sign-up flow: providing a seamless customer experience while collecting the necessary information to offer customers the best loan for their needs and financial situation - making getting a loan as easy as booking a plane ticket
- Self-service (Automation): providing customers the option for greater self-service so that our customer success team can focus exclusively on the highest value interactions
- Partners & Integrations: make the integration experience to our lending API as simple and straightforward as possible for our partners
Day to day you will:
- work closely with all relevant stakeholders to understand and prioritise the changing business needs and ensure we keep building great tools for years to come.
- own your product roadmap and define the full lifecycle of our customer experience - working closely with the Head of Design - on idea generation, to technical development, to launch (& iterate).
- manage a team of product managers and work closely with the broader product team to identify dependencies or synergies that could impact what gets built and why.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are obsessed with learning. In order to succeed at this role you will ideally have:
- A proven track record in managing customer-facing products, ideally including team management experience
- Experience of operationalising user-testing and using it to make informed decisions
- Tech savviness: if you don't write code yourself, you understand what a software developer does, understand APIs and can ask the right questions to ensure that technical choices will meet both current and future requirements
- A collaborative style that is focused on aligning stakeholders and finding solutions
- Superior communication, analytical, and project management skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Track record of excellence in both academic and professional settings
We think we are the best place to work in the world - here are just some of the reasons why:
Our smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities.
- We pay competitively. Salaries are regularly benchmarked and reviewed.
- We rent a villa in Summer and a ski-chalet in Winter, so you can work remotely with other iwocans and enjoy being somewhere special together.
- Stock options and pension
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday. We also offer unpaid leave.
- Comprehensive medical insurance from Vitality, as well as a healthcare cash plan, discounted gym memberships and income protection insurance.
- We invest significant time and money to learning & development.
- Flexible working, enhanced parental leave and a workplace nursery tax benefit.
- You will have time to give back and support a charity of your choice, via paid volunteering time
- We take time away from the desk to have fun : play pool, sign up to our yoga classes or join one of our active clubs.
- We provide breakfast, drinks and snacks in our kitchen, which we regularly source from our small business customers