Head of Product
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Product team. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
As a Head of Product, you will be responsible for shaping the product strategy, defining and executing the product roadmap through a small team of product managers and designers, developing and coaching product managers and relentlessly driving customer and commercial outcomes with help from the rest of the business.
- Continuously evolving a compelling product vision in collaboration with senior leadership and lead teams to focus on key goals using an Objectives & Key Results framework
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, influence and stay in tune with the evolution of our strategy so you can translate it into killer product features
- Deeply understanding our customers, our strengths and our market so we can create the future of lending for small businesses
- Co-managing delivery of product & feature development in a product engineering group with the support of a senior engineering manager to make sure our customer's objectives become a reality
- Coaching and developing a team of product managers
- A solid people manager with a genuine interest and desire to coach and develop product managers towards ever higher levels of performance
- A lynchpin that can drive alignment and motivation in a diverse set of of business stakeholders
- A balanced leader that knows how to switch into creative gear and drive some blue sky thinking but also knows how to switch into a pragmatic gear and get things done
- Passionate about making data driven decisions, understanding the detail and following the evidence wherever it may lead
- Coachable, looking to learn and develop and a fantastic second in command for a Product Director
Not essential, but it would be interesting if you've also had:
Why join us?
- Experience in, or genuine interest in finance and especially lending markets
- User-centred product design, knowledge of practices and disciplines
- Engineering or Computer Science degree, or relevant experience
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.