Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement for Investment Bank Position: Head of Procurement Based: City of London Responsibilities:
- Lead the Group Procurement function, developing and implementing the Group Procurement Strategy, Road map and Purchasing Framework, ensuring alignment to the Group's overall strategic objectives
- Work with senior business stakeholders to develop plans to establish and maintain an optimal supply chain deliver savings targets.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing review of the supplier and contract tender timetable to ensure robust management of contract expiry and re-tendering requirements for the Group including supplier rationalisation where required.
- Collaborate with Group Finance to understand and incorporate relevant budgets.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses total cost of ownership and improve effectiveness.
- Monitor and forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power and bench-marking fees of key suppliers.
- Assess, manage and supply chain mitigate risks.
- Constantly enhance purchasing efficiency by maintaining an up to date SRM and incorporating the most relevant latest developments in purchasing technologies eg AI and digitisation
- Works closely with infrastructure, legal, HR, finance and R&D teams
- Managed a wide range of indirect areas of spend either regionally or globally. (e.g. Marketing, logistics, factory services, professional services, Capex & POS)
- Proven ability to drive significant business change in a challenging, fast-paced, truly international business environment
- Team management experience. Ideally experienced managing across a matrixed environment with multiple reports spread across EMEA.
- Excellent commercial instincts & business knowledge. Experience of working with different cultures and working in global markets will be advantageous
- Experience in the Financial services sector will be advantageous, however all backgrounds will be considered
- Worked in a multi-national & multi-cultural environment
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent. Articulate and a good communicator/ influencer
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.