Head of Portfolio Management and Implementation
Who we're looking for
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with an engineering mindset to join our team as Head of Portfolio Management and Implementation. Effective and efficient portfolio management is vital to a quantitative investment team. You will be responsible for running the systematic and quantitative equity portfolios, which includes new client mandates onboarding, day-to-day portfolio management, and continuous process improvement via automation.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
Schroders Systematic Investment (SSI) is one of the largest quantitative equity desks in the UK. We currently manage around £20 billion of assets across a wide variety of fully systematic and quantitative equity strategies covering both global and regional mandates.
What you'll do
• Provide oversight of day-to-day portfolio management responsibilities, including portfolio rebalances, performance and risk analysis, cash flow, trading and transaction cost monitoring
• Ensure the portfolios implemented are closely aligned with the models that senior portfolio managers and researchers have developed
• Manage the rebalance schedule to ensure efficient and effective deployment of a large number of quantitative portfolios to the market
• Manage client onboarding processes, liaising with implementation, trading, risk, compliance and operation
• Automate and improve our portfolio management practices and workflow
• Lead projects to build our next generation of investment processes to increase the team's capability to manage and understand a large number of portfolios simultaneously and effectively, working together with senior portfolio managers, researchers and developers
• Work closely with our product team to respond to clients' requests in a timely manner
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Proven experience in automating and streamlining portfolio management workflow and processes, such as data analytics, rebalance scheduling, trade monitoring and factor exposure screens
• Effective team player and able to develop relationships with other departments in the organisation
• Strong analytical, communication and project management skills
• Strong capability to work effectively under pressure
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Extensive experience in managing large numbers of quantitative equity portfolios is preferred
• Degree in a STEM major is preferred
• Strong programming skills in python are preferred
What you'll be like
• Detail oriented
• Accountable and able to multi-task
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.