I’m partnered with a global private equity business that is seeking a Portfolio Analysis & Reporting Manager. You’ll be working within a specialist team that are focussed on the acquisition of debt providers and leasing businesses and you will take ownership for portfolio analysis and reporting across each portfolio.
Each investment requires strict and constant tracking and analysis from a financial and operational standpoint and you will be owning the portfolio monitoring process, providing detailed performance reporting on the portfolio of investments. These reports will be looked at from three lenses:
- Real time performance reporting and financial analysis ensuring the asset is performing as expected
- Complex modelling to asses and pitch future state view, through extensive planning and robust forecasting
- NAV analysis and linking back to the valuation of investment
In addition to reporting portfolio performance, the individual maybe involved with the quarterly valuation process and modelling of exit projections. The role will support the portfolio managers and deal makers, working alongside operational and change leads for the investments; supporting where necessary with the strategic initiatives and value creation plans – as a commercial finance subject matter expert. This individual will work alongside senior management of the portfolio companies in preparing budgets, tracking performance, executing financings etc.
The skill profile required of the individual who could step into this position is quite broad. A blend of skills to complement the successful candidate includes:
- Numeracy / Modelling – The incumbent must hold a high level of analytical skill and financial numeracy. Having a strong financial modelling skill set is essential and prior experience analysing multiple corporate entities would be an advantage.
- Relationship Management – You will be managing key relationships with the portfolio companies with a need to interact with global teams and senior stakeholders.
- Commercial Analysis and Technical Reporting – There is need for this individual to be able to constantly track financial information relating to the portfolio companies and provide commercial insights on forward and backward looking information. A qualified accountant with a highly commercial mindset is desirable.
- Value Creation / Transaction appreciation – the nature of PE is unique and drives value creation at every opportunity. It’s essential all involved have appreciation and practical experience of the nuances of a relationship centred on value and ultimately a deal/transaction process.
This role demands a hybrid skill set – the individual would ideally come from a background either in accounting (big four audit) or corporate finance where they have been heavily exposed to analysing company reports and corporate entities.