Our client, a highly regarded Investment firm with circa $38Bil of Asset under Advice has a newly created role for an experienced Strategy professional. The successful candidate will work with the Operations and Investment teams, to align decision making between these two key functions and ensure investment decisions and operational capability are co-ordinated.
Role & Responsibilities
- Expertise leading strategy development and implementation and in resource planning through the development and monitoring of key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Responsible for implementing new concepts and helping transform the way in which the organisation operates, identifying where there is a need for change and assessing how this will affect the organisation.
- Own the functional operating model for investment operations from a scale, efficiency and change management perspective
- Help with the prioritisation process and long-term planning within the operations team
- Identity all the change initiatives (including new business growth opportunities) which will impact the operating model and drive implementation by providing leadership on design implications, project management, change congestion, operational risks and resource constraints
- Produce robust KPI’s and management information to the Executive Team to demonstrate operational readiness to absorb new business initiatives as well as deliver on current client portfolios
- Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally to find ways to improve processes.
- Develop and ratify the Operations organisational design model to ensure the firm is fit for the future enabling client delivery at scale
- Link the business needs to capacity planning and resource budgeting within the operations function.
Background & Experience
The ideal candidate will likely come from a consultancy background, be entrepreneurial, skilled at solving challenging problems and have the following skillset:
- Deep analytical experience and familiarity with interpreting and identify trends within large amounts of data is critical
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical) and crafting original strategic recommendations with limited involvement from leadership
- Strong and relevant track record of operating within complex global organisations, with proven recent experience of process optimisation and operational excellence
- Have a strategic mind-set and evidence of entrepreneurial attitude.
- Demonstrates leadership maturity and a strong ability to collaborate with multiple levels of the business and functional leaders to streamline processes and work towards resolution of challenges, constraints, and roadblocks and leading innovation across operations
- Embraces change and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment; can focus on what's required and effectively assess, prioritise and communicate, with sound rationale, the implications of change; can help others understand the implications of change and direct them to make decisions accordingly
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex concepts, risks and strategies to senior management.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted