Head of Operations (European Union)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 15 Oct 18
The Head of Operations (EU) will be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the infrastructure necessary to support the analytical and business development processes associated with the origination, production and maintenance of credit ratings within the European Union.
This role will report jointly to the Chief Operating Officer and the Global Head of Core Operations and will be based in the EU-27. The individual will work closely with the global Ratings Operations team to deliver strategic initiatives, embed new working practices and identify operational synergies with other Group companies.
The role will focus on minimising operational risk, promoting efficiencies, enhancing business information, and developing the overall efficacy and quality of all relevant support systems within the EU. It will prioritise the use of business analytics to manage the company’s performance.
The Head of Operations (EU) will:
- Manage the EU operations for Fitch Ratings
- Ensure suitable operations management and controls are in place
- Drive key change and transformation initiatives to optimize EU operational processes
- Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration
- Maintain an EU operational framework that is consistent with the company strategy
- Work closely with other Fitch Group functions, including: Technology; Marketing; Risk; Finance; Human Resources; Premises; Compliance; Regulatory Affairs, Policies & Procedures; Strategy; and Legal
The successful candidate will interact effectively with senior internal and external stakeholders in a highly visible role.
- Promotion of consistent operating infrastructure supporting the ratings process across the various analytical and business development groups in the EU
- Coordinate with EU office heads
- Emphasise efficiency, cost management and support revenue generation
- Support EU-wide budget planning and allocation process
- Develop and present investment proposals
- Prioritize expenditure within EU-27 offices
- Analyze EU workflow/business process
- Set and monitor key performance indicators e.g. coverage, responsiveness and productivity
- Partner with IT to oversee the implementation of ratings applications within the EU
- Build relationships with key EU market constituents
- Act as one of the points of contact for EU-27 regulators (in addition to the Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, Policies & Procedures teams)
- Work with Regulatory Affairs, Policies & Procedures team to reinforce the risk and controls framework within the EU
- Oversee the EU implementation of operational solutions in response to regulatory and audit findings
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- 15+ years’ experience managing teams in multiple locations
- Extensive experience within the Financial Services industry, with a focus on operations, regulatory compliance, risk management, and stakeholder communications.
- Deep knowledge of the debt capital markets and the role of credit ratings
- Exceptional time management skills: deadline-oriented with the ability to manage multiple work streams and priorities
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Fluent in one or more European Union languages, plus English
- Innovative, with a creative approach to problem-solving
- Attention to detail, with a focus on high-quality outcomes
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done