Head of Operations - Newly Launched Investment Manager
- Competitive Base + Discretionary Bonus and Share Options GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- O'Connell Resourcing
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
We are working with a recently launched and fast growing Global Equities Hedge Fund. As part of their need to build out their dynamic team, they are looking to bring on board an experienced operations professional to head up the company’s core operations function (currently a team of 3). The ideal candidate will have a number of years of varied industry experience, along with having a good working knowledge of equities. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to fast-track their career to a COO position.
Principal responsibilities, which will require ‘doing’ as well as ‘managing’:
Day to day oversight:
- Security trade settlement, foreign exchange calculations, transaction cost analysis checks, daily cash management, monthly stock reconciliations, security ticket calculations, corporate actions, proxy voting, withholding tax reclaims, static data maintenance, investment guideline compliance.
- Monthly and bi-monthly fund valuation sign-off. Checking position values, cash values, accruals, management fees and tax reclaims for accuracy.
- Checking monthly client statements for accuracy. Checking market values, management fees, performance, fee rebates, income distributions and statement recipient lists.
Client services tasks:
- Produce routine reports for members of the Investment team using data from various sources
- Support the Marketing group by updating routine reports, newsletter data and client presentation data. Production and checking of data for clients, consultants and other ad-hoc requests. Occasionally, new reports will need to be developed.
- Support for other areas of the Firm such as the Trading, Finance and Compliance functions. This may include, but is not limited to, developing reports supporting areas such as the monitoring of brokerage commissions, fixed asset registers, expense analysis templates and other ad hoc reporting.
- Work with members of the investment team on projects, such as back testing of security performance, security analytics reports, supporting research projects and client presentations. Write project specification and developing solutions using existing system resources.
- Monitoring of Custodians, Fund Administrators and Transfer Agents. Ensure that agreed service levels are being met, plan and implement new initiatives. Update and refine operating procedures and introduce simplifications, as required.
- A number of years experience working within investment operations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, preferably to macro level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access is preferred, but not essential
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills
- Must demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- To be able to work independently and within a small team