Blackfinch Group is an award-winning investment specialist with a heritage dating back over 25 years. A trusted provider, we work in partnership with advisers. Our businesses cover tax-efficient solutions, early stage investing, managed portfolio services, property financing and renewable energy. As an environmental, social and governance (ESG) investor, we work for a positive impact. We’re proud to be entrusted with over £500 million in assets under management and administration.
Purpose of Role:
An exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing group, operating within the financial services sector with investment and asset management in technology, energy, property and multi-asset sectors.
Head of Operations role will ensure that workflows, resource and organisational structure continue to evolve as the company grows. With various investment and distribution areas to the business, as well as central accounting, legal and administrative functions, it is essential that the company plans its operational growth and executes strategically in order to remain efficient and client focused.
The role will report directly into the CEO and will be a part of the senior management team
Objective of the Role
• Work collaboratively with the CEO in setting and driving organisational operating strategy, and growth needs.
• Act as the company’s main adviser on all operational issues and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure maintenance of a competitive position.
• Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
• Play a leading role in taking the organisation from a heavily people focused modus operandi to a more automated client engagement model.
• Contribute to the overall leadership of the business as a member of the senior team.
• Work with the CEO to develop an Operating Plan to that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term strategic objectives.
• Analyse internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement across the investment, distribution and corporate teams.
• Work alongside our Software / Technology development team in order to ensure that new systems achieve outcomes in line with the Operating Plan objectives.
• Ensure that operational processes and systems remain compliant under FCA rules, collaborating with the Compliance Officer.
• Ensure that the working patterns and behaviours of staff are in line with corporate strategy, with regard to working from home vs office working, as the company emerges and evolves after the pandemic. This will include planning for office space as the company continues to grow.
• Focus on an agile Operating Model where short term adaptations can bring about competitive advantage, in line with our corporate culture – Adapt, Evolve, Thrive
Essential Skills and Experience
• Proven experience as Head of Operations, Operations Director or similar leadership role.
• Familiarity with all business functions.
• Knowledge of data analytics and reporting.
• Good with numbers and financial planning.
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational and leadership ability.
• Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.