Head of Operations
Head of Operations
The purpose of this role is to manage all matters relating to operations for the Banking Division and support the COO in exercising the supervision of Outsourcing.
Line management responsibility for the following departments
- Banking Administration
- Investment Middle Office
- Treasury Settlements & Central Payments
- Tax Operations
- We are seeking an individual with Financial Services experience in UK (guide 10 years)
- Ideally demonstrate experience in the management of operational departments, teams, work processes and projects.
- Staff leadership and management skills
- Ability to assess and manage key risks and write coherent reports
- The successful candidate will be of degree calibre, or with relevant professional qualifications.
- Conscientious, committed and resilient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organised with the ability to work under pressure to ensure that set deadlines are met
- Diplomatic, tactful with strong influencing skills at all levels of the organisation
- Complete confidentiality concerning clients and the activities of the Bank
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well within a team
Duties / responsibilities
- Liaison with the Firm's internal & external auditors in respect of internal audits in own areas of responsibility and timely clearance of audit points raised in reports.
- Budgeting - contributing to budgeting, forecasts and five-year plans as required
- Monitoring expenditure against budgets approved by the Board.
- Overseeing the framework for third parties / suppliers, including outsource arrangements to ensure the firm's performance of its obligations on behalf of the COO
- HR matters for own areas including appraisals and recruitment.
- Business continuity plans - ensure these are updated regularly for own areas and take part in annual tests or as required
- Ensure technical / operational procedures and documentation produced for own areas of responsibility are complete, current and written in accordance with the Firm's standards.
- Manage change within own areas whether from regulation, product range or other business driver as determined by senior management.
- Ensure for each department that the nature and extent of systems and controls, is appropriate for the business including the:
- To adhere to, and maintain knowledge of, all applicable legislation, including relevant parts of the FCA & PRA Handbooks
- To appropriately manage and supervise any staff assigned.
Risks individual is responsible for, as appropriate to their role and the boundaries of their authority Managing Observing N/A Market Risk
Client Credit Risk
Regulatory Compliance Risk