Head of Operational Excellence
- Competitve plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 15 May 18 2018-05-15
The Operational Excellence role sits within the TPD Management team with direct responsibility for driving budgetary control & reporting along with creating frameworks for the production of insightful management information for both business level Manco and for onward communication to ICIB Board level. A key function of the role is to drive the day-to-day development of TPD and the management of stakeholders around budgetary control and delivery. In particular having a clear vision with regard to our operational efficiency and our use of data in creating meaningful and insightful management reporting.
We are not looking for a treasury expert – we are looking for the person who can help us deliver effective change in a fast moving business which is moving through a process of change – we are growing and seeking to position for scale across systems and processes.
Areas of responsibility include working with the Head of TPD and the broader leadership team to focus on the areas below and the transformational change we are seeking
• Understand and challenge the cost infrastructure of the business –ensure our strategic priorities are well communicated to internal stakeholders and that priorities are set accordingly – work effectively with all aspects of our support infrastructure
• Represent and drive the process of transformational change from a business perspective with the key delivery partners across the organisation.
• Work collaboratively with other TPD leaders in functional areas of the business (business infrastructure development, client services, business intelligence/analytics)
• Bring a vision and drive best practise with colleagues to deliver a reporting framework for TPD KPIs in order to inform Manco meetings and onward reporting / tracking of key Strategic Objective progress.
• Leverage technology to inform decision making in the business and validate progress against strategic objectives
• Collaborate with others around the marketing needs of the business and work closely with key stakeholders to ensure we build effective marketing strategy / collateral
• Co-ordinating and managing budgetary planning processes for TPD – work as part of the TPD leadership team to deliver budgetary presentations
• Driving initiatives as part of the TPD leadership team to support strategic objectives including building for scale, process automation, positioning for client base growth, Wowing our clients and creating an inclusive and diverse people engagement strategy.
• Ensure as part of the TPD Manco that the business is well positioned to deal with reg change and that business process is defined to ensure competitiveness and compliance. Governance/Representation of the business in key Steercos
• External radar – bring ideas around innovation and change to help the business achieve scale and deliver on our Strategic Objectives
• Enjoy an environment which requires a high level of self-start and presents constant challenge – high level of independence of thought required and encouraged