Head of Meetings Advisory (can be based in either our London (Gresham Street) or Beckenham office)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Link Asset Services
- 17 Apr 19
We are recruiting a newly created role - Head of Meetings Advisory - to provide an even more specialised service to our clients.
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us.
Link Market Services is a division of Link Asset Services and a leading global administrator of financial ownership data within the pension fund industry and across corporate markets. The Corporate Markets division delivers a suite of services that assist organisations globally to meet the obligations that come with the public ownership of their companies or products, as well as managing their interactions with the capital markets.
This includes registry, employee share plans, investor relations and stakeholder management, company secretarial support and we operate from offices in eleven countries throughout Australasia, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
Our teams combine a wealth of industry experience with a rigorous focus on client management to deliver a premium service underpinned by market leading digital technology provided by our Information, Digital & Data Services division.
We are recruiting a newly created role - Head of Meetings Advisory - to provide an even more specialised service to our clients. The successful candidate will be tasked with building their own team and have overall accountability for delivering advisory services to all clients in relation to the entire range of company shareholder meetings, voting and the development and introduction of new client and business led meetings, proxy voting alternatives and initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Act as strategic contact for key clients and establish strong relationships through understanding client needs
- Providing leadership and direction to work-stream leads
- Take ownership of any major client issues, ensuring they are resolved and escalated appropriately
- Lead on responses to RFPs from a company shareholder meetings and voting standpoint
- Spearhead large or high profile company meeting projects
- Provide guidance to clients and internal sources on UK company meetings and proxy voting
- Negotiate new contracts where applicable
- Mentor colleagues ensuring high performance and engagement throughout
- Work with business units to seek to enhance meeting and voting services
- Aid the development of strategies that enhance client service delivery
- Oversee client servicing activities for major client activities or large scale projects
- Assist with new major client on boarding projects
- Meeting changing client and market requirements to operate at a new level, in a different way or introducing new services/products
- A period of experience working in a senior management/management role within the industry
- Understanding and experience of the share registration industry
- Proven track record of successfully leading key projects with positive business impact
- Proven client service skills with the ability to maintain and extend client relationships
- Able to exercise independent judgement and discretion
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button.