FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Head of Loan Operations
My client is a growing, city-based Investment Bank, looking for a Senior Manager to head up their Loans function. This person would be responsible for the administration and settlement of the Bank's primary and secondary loans trading activity and other prepayment structures.
My client is a growing, city-based Investment Bank, looking for a Senior Manager to head up their Loans function. This person would be responsible for the administration and settlement of the Bank's primary and secondary loans trading activity and other prepayment structures, including:
* Documentation review and execution
* Covenant monitoring and escalation.
The successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for maintaining efficient operational and control processes to ensure smooth settlement of the bank's loan products.
The incumbent will ensure that overall execution of the associated processes is well-controlled and documented, that the appropriate tolerance levels for key performance and risk indicators are met and that they support the business adequately, escalating where there are any perceived issues.
Whilst the volume of trades making up the current Loan Portfolio is relatively low, it is anticipated that these volumes will grow this year and beyond, especially in relation to our burgeoning Energy business. It is therefore imperative that the successful candidate is one who will be able to drive and lead the tactical and strategic changes required to deliver enhanced processing automation, optimal system architecture and organisational structure, which makes this an interesting role.
The dedicated headcount for the role is 1 FTE but they are currently consolidating functions to optimize coverage and staff development opportunities. It is therefore a requirement that the Banking Support Specialist cross-trains and provides coverage for Structured Products and, in turn, cross-trains the Structured Products Specialist in all things Loans-related.
* Leadership and management.
* Ensuring that the daily tasks required of the function are carried out in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Delivering the strategy for Banking Operations.
* Ensuring that the processes within Banking Operations work effectively and efficiently.
* Attending governance forums as and when required.
* Supporting the Operations management team by proactively maintaining a good working relationship between the Bank's Banking business and the Operations department.
* Ensuring adherence to all relevant Bank standards and policies.
* Ensuring that the service provided by Banking Operations to internal and external clients is delivered to an excellent standard.
* Ensuring that Banking Operations works collaboratively and effectively with other Operations teams in all global locations to enable excellent service to be delivered by the Operations department to internal and external clients.
* Proactively and promptly remediating any instances of substandard service delivered by Banking Operations to any internal or external clients.
* Co-ordinating effectively with colleagues within Banking Operations and Structured Products globally to ensure that full coverage is offered to internal and external clients, irrespective of where they are based.
* Maintaining close communication lines with the relevant desks across all global offices.
* Ensuring that Banking Operations works collaboratively with other departments in the Bank, particularly when providing information, contributing to Bank-wide initiatives/projects, and reporting information to management.
* Balancing Banking Operations' compliance/acquiescence with stakeholder requests with some degree of respectful challenge to stakeholder requests.
* Working closely and collaboratively with Technology colleagues to ensure that systems relied on by Banking Operations are fit for purpose.
* Working collaboratively and productively with the Bank's second line of defence and third line of defence functions as well as external auditors to understand and remediate the risks within, relating to or impacting Banking Operations.
* Identifying and managing risks within Banking Operations including operational risks, regulatory risks, conduct risks, cyber security risks and financial crime risks (including, but not limited to, risks associated with money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, sanctions breaches and fraud).
* Undertaking regular reviews of controls within Banking Operations to ensure that these continue to be fit for purpose.
* Working collaboratively with Operations Control on risk management and control enhancements (but without over-reliance on Operations Control).
* Proactively and promptly managing any risk incidents that relate to or impact Banking Operations.
* Working with the business and Operations Management to ensure that all new products and any business changes are fully embedded in a controlled way into the Bank's risk framework.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Degree qualified
* At least 5 years of previous experience in a similar financial institution
* Previous management experience
* Previous experience of Banking Operations/Loans
* Previous experience of risk and settlement systems
* Strong product and market knowledge of Loans/Banking Products
* Strong control mindset and experience
* Sound understanding of UK banking business
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory standards and rules
* Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills
* Solid understanding of typical risk management practices within a bank
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick