Head of Legal / In House Counsel
An engineering company is seeking to hire a Sole Legal Counsel / Head of Legal, for its London office.
An engineering company, based in London, is seeking to hire a qualified solicitor. This role is a Sole Counsel / Head of Legal role and whilst initially it will be the only lawyer within the company, there will be opportunity to grow and build a team.
As Sole Counsel, you will be responsible for a wide range of legal issues and managing external counsel when required. These will include:
- Providing advice and input on a wide range of contractual matters including drafting and negotiating contracts
- Managing all corporate matters including company law, filings etc.
- Taking responsibility for all litigation as and when it arises which includes external matters as well as managing internal contentious issues
This is a unique position for a lawyer looking to grow a legal function and take responsibility for all legal issues within the company. You will therefore need the following:
- At least 5 years' PQE either within private practice or combined with in house experience
- Experience of company law, corporate matters and commercial agreements
- Excellent communication skills, team orientated and an ability to work commercially in a time sensitive environment
In order to apply for this outstanding position, please contact James Franklin at Morgan McKinley or send your CV via the link.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.