Our client, a global investment management firm is looking to recruit a Head of Investment Risk in the London office.
The purpose of this role is to lead, develop and manage the Global Equities investment risk function in London. It’s a front office oriented risk function and the successful candidate must be comfortable engaging closely with Portfolios Managers and leading technical teams.
- Partner with Long only and Long/Short Equity Portfolio Managers to lead risk management function
- Engage closely with Portfolio Managers to advise on risk positions/exposures and provide valuable insights to the investment process
- Lead and maintain efficient risk portfolio analytics and research
- Lead and manage the continuous improvement of risk management processes and systems
- Work closely with Sales/Marketing team and involved in client presentations
- Manage, motivate, teach and develop a team of Managers and Analysts
- Proven experience leading an investment risk function
- Experience in developing and coaching team members
- Working knowledge of fundamental and quantitative equity strategies, experience with Long/Short strategies is highly desirable
- Strong analytical background
- Degree educated; Finance, Mathematics, Sciences or Engineering degree preferred
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, FRM an advantage
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present technical information in a non- technical manner
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.