Miryco Consultants are working with a leading London market insurer looking to appoint a Head of Insurance Risk to join its outstanding risk and compliance division. The successful candidate will enable business strategy, protect clients, and embed and steward a strong risk culture.
- Lead the independent risk oversight of the Group’s insurance risk activities.
- Provide independent oversight and challenge of activities in the Actuarial function.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements that pertain to insurance risk are complied with.
- Contribute to an effective ORSA process and report, including a focus on individual syndicates.
- Develop and implement business plans as required.
- Design and oversee the internal model validation framework including the conduct of internal and external independent validation.
- Independent oversight of exposure management, ceded reinsurance, and other 1st line insurance risk functions.
- Independent oversight of claims activities including reserving.
- Contribute as an active senior leadership member, communicating the overall strategy to the function and other stakeholders.
- Qualified Actuary preferred.
- Accomplished relationship manager.
- Experience in managing 1st and 2nd line challenge and articulating 2nd line risk perspective.
- Experience in the development, maintenance and oversight of Risk Management.
- Significant experience and knowledge in insurance, preference for Lloyd’s.
- Evidence of 2nd line challenge.
- Experience in transaction review, credit analytics, credit risk methodology, structured finance and/or insurance sector.
- Considerable experience of capital adequacy.
- General commercial and financial knowledge.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.”
For similar opportunities, follow Miryco Consultants on LinkedIn.