Aligned to the Internal Audit COO, delivering change across a global internal audit function.
My City based banking client is looking to hire a Head of Innovation and Change, aligned to the Internal Audit COO function.
This is an opportunity to play a significant role in transforming the global audit function and will have a clear mandate from the Audit COO, CIA and Management Team. You will help plan and deliver change programmes in Group Internal Audit to enable the function to be a digital, risk based and commercial Internal Audit Function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be instrumental in the delivery of the Group Internal Audit Functional Strategy
- Process reengineering and transformation of method of performing audits adopting agile techniques.
- Analyse current audit practices to identify waste and develop specific proposals to eliminate this waste in the execution of audits.
- Identify and determine elements of digital journey for the audit practice, embedding the requirements and delivery of the requirements in the audit management system
- The role spans audit activity across globally across all business areas within the function.
- Develop a general understanding of business strategy, plans, products, processes performance, risks and issues for the portfolio
- Continuously enhance the audit practice, keeping abreast of internal audit practices through research and participation in the industry internal audit forum.
- Develop and implement solutions that enhance the audit practice, embedding the changes in the function
- Ensure the teams are adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff, who are sufficiently independent to perform their duties objectively.
- Ensure the teams have access to the necessary training/learning programmes to execute their role and meet local regulatory requirements/expectations and, where required, maintain any professional qualifications and memberships.
The role will suit an individual who is an experience internal auditor with demonstrable experience of delivering regional and/or global change, or a change practitioner who has delivered projects into internal audit or other risk and control functions.