Head of Innovation, Financial Crime Threat Mitigation
- disc. bonus/benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to lead the business relationship sub-function within one of FCTM's five global functions aimed at mitigating the harms associated with financial crime: Systems Delivery. This team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable FCTM to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across FCR.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to lead the business relationship sub-function within one of FCTM's five global functions aimed at mitigating the harms associated with financial crime: Systems Delivery. The Systems Delivery team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable FCTM to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across FCR.
The role holder will:
- Define and champion FCTM innovation adoption framework to provide structure and rigour in assessing the maturity of new developments to transform the FCR approach to tackling financial crime.
- Ensure that emerging best practice, strategies, technologies and vendors are selected and comprehensively assessed against the FCTM framework to qualify and quantify benefits, risks costs and adoption challenges.
- Propose roadmaps with key qualification gates for selected products and secure support from strategic leaders and stakeholders at appropriate levels
- Lead FCR engagement with applied innovation, commissioning and managing joint initiatives.
- Identify and frame key FCR challenges in tackling financial crime and engage with experts and innovators across the industry and public sector to find solutions
- Advise Head of Systems Delivery, Head of Financial Crime Technical Strategy and FCTM ExCo on alignment of current strategies with emerging best practice and propose action plans
- Support Head of Systems Delivery to prepare and sign off for annual FCTM Systems AOP
- The role holder would also be responsible for establishing seamless, trusting and mutually supportive relationships with the other components of FCTM, FCC and GIIG.
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following requirements:
- Significant leadership experience and strategy development
- Investigative and/or intelligence experience covering a wide range of financial crime threat areas, including management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical matters effectively and influence senior leaders in FCR and industry.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within teams and to deliver on time
- Comprehensive knowledge of technology issues relevant to financial crime and the financial sector in general
- Proven ability to rapidly develop subject matter expertise in a range of technical and non-technical areas
- A personal and professional interest in security, intelligence and technology
For further details and application information please apply online
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.