Head of Information & Cyber Security, Finance
Head of Information & Cyber Security, Finance Job Purpose
· Support the Information and Cyber Security ("ICS") Risk Type Framework ("RTF") implementation in Finance
· Coordinate risk mitigation and remediation in Finance
in line with the ICS Transformation and Remediation Portfolio ("TRP") agenda.
· Interface with respective Group Business, Function and / or Country teams for effective implementation.
· For select Group wide initiatives, support the Head of Functions HICS
to support the change agenda as agreed with the ICS TRP Accountable Executive.
· Understand Finance
specific requirements including regulatory driven requirements. Support the management of these requirements within risk appetite.
· Provide leadership over the operational delivery, controls, and governance of the ICS agenda. Face off to the Group ICS TRP and ICS subject matter experts in Group Business lines.
· Arrange and support the Head of Functions HICS
in the running of the Finance
ICS Working Groups. Support Heads of Finance
to manage ICS risk including preparing the Non-Financial Risk Committees papers for the departments.
The Role Responsibilities GROUP WIDE ICS TRANSFORMATION AND REMEDIATION:
· Agree and drive the implementation of the ICS agenda for the Finance
function by working with the respective Business/Function Heads, Region / Country Management Team, COO/CIO teams, ISOs, the ICS TRP and senior IT leadership.
· Lead ICS risk remediation initiatives and activities including incident responses, crisis exercises, risk assessments, stress testing, regulator engagement.
· Drive the implementation of the ICS Risk Type Framework ("RTF") in Finance
with a focus on key countries. The plan will incorporate digital footprint discovery, threat/risk assessment, definition and implementation of controls as guided by the ICS RTF.
POLICY AND RISK ASSESSMENT:
· Drive compliance with Group policies standards, and local regulatory requirements.
· Work closely with CISO, Regional ISO, Country ISO, Head of ICS Governance, TISO, Business and COOs to provide oversight, governance and monitoring, and work with various delivery owners to embed the ICS RTF.
· Understand and assess the impact of changes in the policy or procedures on Finance
and engage with the function Heads to ensure the impact is understood.
· Recommend additions/enhancements/changes to the ICS policy, procedures, and RTF.
SECURE THE BUSINESS:
· Ensure ICS risks in Finance
are proactively managed and effectively controlled, mitigated and remediated with senior stakeholder's support and buy-in, in line with Group, Region, Country, Business/Function risk appetite and regulatory driven requirements.
· Establish priorities in partnership with the COOs and take responsibility for resolving security issues.
· Ensure that the management of ICS risk is effective and operating efficiently within Finance
· Drive security culture/awareness and help improve readiness for a cyber event.
· Ensure information risks are identified, assessed, mitigated and controlled.
· Ensure Critical Information Assets are identified and graded appropriately. Monitor changes in the risk profile of the highly critical systems.
· Work with IT to validate the resilience of Finance
data and IT systems.
· Support Group initiatives ensuring Finance
needs are represented effectively. Face off to the Group ICS TRP and ICS subject matter experts in Group Business lines.
RESILIENCY AND RECOVERY:
· Serve as the security incident response coordinator and advisor on emergency actions to protect Finance
· Ensure that Finance
Cyber Contingency Plan, Crisis Management Plan, Playbook etc. are in place.
· Participate in scenario testing, table top exercise with the MT for Finance
on a regular basis to ensure preparedness for any contingency.
REPORTING AND GOVERNANCE:
· Monitor ICS risk profile and posture and report any non-compliance to senior management or governance committees.
· Support the relevant Functions HICS in the relevant Functions
Committees, ICS working groups, Programme Steer Cos etc. to provide updates and influence positive outcomes for the Business/Function/Region/Country.
· Validate the accuracy and consistency of KRIs, KCIs and other risk ratings/assessments, as well as process designs using available MI.
· Support the Third-Party Security Assessment team during 3rd party reviews.
· Help design and embed ICS RTF controls in ORF across Finance
· Support regulatory engagements.
· Maintain strong stakeholder engagement and serve as the business-facing lead with Group, Regional and Country IT, Business/Function, COO, ISOs, Risk & Control stakeholders to bring alignment across stakeholder groups in conjunction with ICS risk management.
· Collaborate with Corporate Communications, threat intelligence and other functions to lead and coordinate the information security change management effort around branding, communications, staff awareness and training.
· Maintain relationships with key service and product owners within Security Technology Services to keep abreast of changes that may affect Finance
· Help to interpret and translate the ICS requirements of the Finance
programme into technical requirements when needed.
· Engage external agencies / third parties to understand the threat environment and reported events; assess impact for Finance
STRATEGY AND INVESTMENTS:
· Identify and independently drive strategic change initiatives to deliver on the ICS agenda for Finance
with a forward-looking view.
· Develop insightful strategies for engaging business on information security matters, ensure investments are prioritised and funding is approved.
· Support delivery of the Bank's enterprise wide risk management plan and strategy.
· Work with application development organisations to assist in the development of strategies and plans for improving both Architecture and application security.
REGULATORY AND BUSINESS CONDUCT:
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Finance
This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Engage key stakeholders including Legal and Compliance on interpreting local laws and regulations pertaining to information security. Work closely with Heads of Finance
, Compliance, CISO and ITO to develop reasonable solutions and/or mitigation.
Our Ideal Candidate
· Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
· Experience in Information Security in Banking and Financial services.
· One or more of the following certifications will be preferred:
· Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· SANS Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
· Certified in Risk & Information Systems Control (CRISC)
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
· Strong knowledge of Finance
related products and operations will be preferred.
· Strong knowledge of cyber security frameworks, information security principles, architecture, and cryptography.
· Exposure or hands-on experience in infrastructure / web application penetration testing and vulnerability assessments is preferred.
· Ability to articulate gross and residual risk with specific ability to clearly, concisely and accurately communicate complex technology and process risk to non-technical stakeholders in a lucid way.
· Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, across various levels in the organization including senior leadership teams, in influencing key decisions taken in the business and in support teams.
· Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation. Sound knowledge of MS-Excel, PPT, and Word.
· Must be a self-starter who is able to initiate and successfully drive programs and projects to completion with little or no management supervision.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, make decisions, and work to tight timeframes.
· Strong business acumen and deep knowledge and experience in the ICS field.
· Proven ability to lead highly complex, global activities through influence and credibility rather than command and control.
· Ability to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of a function in order to drive effective delivery.
· Strong integrity, independence and resilience.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.