Head of IT & Operations
- Competitive GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Sep 18 2018-09-03
Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management and we are currently seeking a Head of IT & Operations. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will lead and drive the strategic direction of the Investment Operations and Information technology departments with oversight of the day to day activities of both areas.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of KIO business activities through the establishment and communication of strategic direction and vision for Operations and IT department
- Drive efficiency by delivering performance and cost targets for Operations and IT activities. Budget responsibility for IT and Operations.
- Align IT and Operations departmental activities to meet the Front Office requirements and optimise service levels.
- Lead the design and implementation of improvement projects.
- Manage to a high performance culture and support a work environment where performance and open communications are encouraged.
- Maintain the external reputation of the organisation through business performance activities and external counterparts.
Successful candidates will have:
- Educated to a degree level with an additional relevant post graduate or professional qualification.
- Over 15 years’ experience at a strategic level within financial sector organisation.
- Knowledge of best practices in Back Office operations, focused on Investment Operations and IT within asset management.
- Understanding of key strategic challenges in asset management.
- Broad knowledge of portfolio investment practices across global markets and multiple asset classes.
- General Management level experience and a substantial track record of contributing to a executive management team with a proven ability to build trust and professional working relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong track record of success in managing and ensuring delivery of projects to improve performance and efficiency in an asset management environment.
- Expertise and practical experience of business transformation.
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.
Please click ‘Apply for Job’ to provide a resume of your career to date together with your current remuneration package.