An opportunity for a fast learning candidate and customer obsessed individual with a can-do attitude to join a busy and fast paced HR team within the Octopus Group. Our Head of HR Operations will manage the HR Operations team ensuring they delivery outstanding customer service to our colleagues and employees.
About the role
We are a small team supporting an ambitious, high growth organisation attract and retain high performance diverse talent across the group. You will manage the HR Operations Team who are responsible for compensation, benefits, recognition, wellness, HR data and systems, joiners/movers/ leavers and key HR correspondence.
A key focus of this role is ensuring the HR Operations team are running consistent, efficient and effective processes. Ensuring that we are responding to queries quickly and accurately and our processes appear seamless to our employees.
All roles within the HR team, including the Head of HR Operations role, are highly visible roles across the company with the expectation that you will champion HR and help build the profile of the function across the company. This position currently reports into the Group COO, who is acting Group HR Director.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Responsibility for the construct and implementation of the HR Operations strategy, taking into account the broader Or Dev strategy, functional business plans & developments in employment legislation & regulatory requirements
- Manage the HR Operations Team - currently a team of 5, ensuring the effective delivery of daily team development/progress relating to targets. Ensure that information and status updates are provided to the relevant client development contact.
- The role is accountable for overseeing all HR transactional processes & payroll and ensuring that they are completed on time and accurately
- Continuous improvement across all HR Admin processes
- Overall quality assurance on delivery of the HR Hub's SLA's, such as accuracy and adherence to deadlines etc.
- Responsibility for the delivery of people insights utilizing the capability of the HR system.
- Leading and managing a robust process of risk identification, management and reporting to all appropriate stakeholders, ensuring that activity is implemented to minimize risks to the business
- Full accountability of all HR process/policy creation and maintenance
- Full accountability of all HR systems and access permissions
- Responsibility to lead all HR projects as part of the strategic direction, business improvement and legislative change
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure smooth plan changes and efficient ongoing administration and ensuring the optimum service for Octopus benefits programs
- Constantly finding better ways to manage processes; review efficiency - can we do it smarter/simpler? Fit for purpose?
- Anticipate and plan for all key HR Calendar events and processes
- Liaise with Compliance and Finance teams on all internal and external audit requirements (SOX, ISO etc.)
- Project management of ad hoc projects as they occur that will drive the simplification and risk /compliance agenda
Specifically, you will …
- You will have a proven track record leading a successful HR team, the ability to manage and continually enhance HR delivery and strong alignment to the company philosophy and values.
- Project management
- Reward, compensation and benefits experience advantageous ideally within both a large complex company and a smaller, fast moving entrepreneurial company
- Experience of being a manager
- A history implementing technology and systems
- Have a high level of attention to detail reacting quickly, when needed, to make sound decisions
- Good organisational and planning skills; able to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with employees of all levels.
- Professional and engaging manner.
- Humility and the ability to remain grounded, see things from others point of view and roll your sleeves up as and when required to support colleagues in meeting their commitments.
- Be a team player with a can do attitude
- Be calm under pressure, able to manage time and competing priorities
- Be confident with technology
- Think creatively and innovatively about how to do things better
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and prioritise and ever changing workload
- Treat others as you would expect to be treated
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high-performance culture.