Head of G10 Rates Hedge Fund Sales (EMEA)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 19
Head of G10 Rates Hedge Fund Sales (EMEA)
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19014090
Maintain and grow our G10 Rates Flow Customer Franchise with Hedge Fund Clients to ensure longevity of business, secure and maintain relationships with Key Market Participants and drive profitability for the firm
The flow from the Hedge Fund sector is incredibly important to our flow business, and therefore, connectivity with our Hedge Fund clients is a key pillar in the success of the franchise.
The Head of the Team will ensure that we deliver the full value of our franchise to clients, we gain/retain strong rankings & feedback with key customers and that trading is well connected with our clients.
- Day-to-day management of the Hedge Fund Sales Team
- Set achieveable goals regarding items such as production and client rank, etc. and ensure delivery
- Instill a disciplined and structured approach to the desk in order to easily identify/resolve issues and deliver value to clients
- Work in partnership with trading to ensure that we optimise client flow with distinct focus on franchise profitability
- Liaise with key partners across Markets business lines (FX, Credit, Futures, Commodities, Equities, etc.) to build relationships and provide well rounded coverage to our clients
- Ensure that the business upholds the highest ethical standards in line with Citi's code of conduct
- Develop staff members of the team
- Help drive the business forward through involvement in the Rates Executive Committee
- Owning and driving a successful business
- Ability to shape the future of our Hedge Fund G10 Rates franchise
- Senior interaction across the markets business
- Extensive Client and Product knowledge in the Hedge Fund Rates space
- Relevant market regulatory qualifications that allow the candidate to perform their role
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of building client relationships
- Technical ability in the Rates space
- Driven, articulate, disciplined and technically capable
- Ability to foster a culture of team work
- Ability to effectively delegate, whilst leading by example
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
E xceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer