Head of Front Office Model Governance
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
See job description for details
Join us in London in the role of Head of Front Office Model Governance
- This is a highly visible and technical role in which you'll drive our model governance agenda within NatWest Markets, encompassing all end-of-day valuation, intraday decision making models, eTrading models and capital models as well as emerging programmes
- We'll look to you to manage a front office team within Quantitative Analytics, and you'll collaborate with regulators and stakeholders across the business, control and audit functions
- The closing date for applications is Friday 30th March 2018
What you'll do
This role will see you building and delivering processes, methodologies and a toolset to create a proactive model governance framework. You'll then engage with a wide array of stakeholders across the business to set the model governance agenda. You'll be responsible for the implementation of our model risk policy across NatWest Markets, and you'll oversee the effective operation of front office model governance.
As well as this, you'll:
- Define an effective control environment for model risk
- Take the lead with the development of tools and technology to support proactive and effective model governance
- Work with asset level Quant team leads to ensure the effective running of individual asset level governance committees
- Collaborate with Market Risk, Finance, Model Risk and Model Governance to ensure effective control and assessment of model risk
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a thorough understanding of effective model governance. You'll have leadership experience within a quant, model risk or model governance role, and you'll have the ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders.
You'll also have:
- Experience providing leadership in the area of model governance
- A university degree in a STEM subject
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of electronic trading
- Experience of Machine learning specifically on financial modelling
- Previous experience of capital models, stress testing modelling and VAR models
- Previous experience of regulatory engagement
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.