A US banking group which is currently expanding its London business, is recruiting a senior regulatory accountant to manage and oversee the statistical regulatory reporting for the branch entity. The role will predominantly focus on Bank of England returns as well as the supervision of US regulatory reporting. Prior experience in the management of a team is essential.
The bank which is looking for a Head of Regulatory Reporting to join its branch finance team are looking for individuals who can add value quickly to drive innovation and align with the big change agendas coming through in the regulatory space.
This role will oversee all regulatory reporting for the branch entity, namely the full suite of Bank of England and FCA returns as well as the supervision of US regulatory reporting.
Planning, testing and implementation of projects and initiatives which impact regulatory reporting and wider finance will be an integral element to the role. Demonstrable experience in the build-out of control frameworks to drive change will be necessary.
- Manage the daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting as required by local regulatory bodies in the EMEA region.
- Manage and oversee daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting required by US regulators.
- Standardise the documentation for the local regulatory reporting and manage the periodic updates to ensure effective reviews of all the returns
- Oversee and challenge legacy manual processes, seek ways to re-engineer and innovate and ensure they are compliant with corporate end user computer tools (EUCT) standards
- Qualified accountant.
- Strong academic background and degree educated.
- Ability to manage and drive the development of a small team
- Extensive experience of all relevant regulations within a financial services firm, with emphasis on Bank of England statistical reporting, COREP and liquidity reporting
- Strong verbal and written communicator