Head of Financial Planning & Analysis for Europe
Tradeweb is a leading, multi-asset class, electronic trading venue for fixed income, derivatives and ETFs. Tradeweb offers institutional, wholesale and retail market participants unparalleled liquidity, cutting-edge technology and a broad range of data solutions that deliver better price discovery, order execution and trade workflows. The company serves more than 2,000 clients including banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, central banks, corporates, inter-dealer brokers, brokers, financial advisors and registered investment advisors in over 50 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Tradeweb operates trading platforms in more than 25 products including government bonds, mortgages, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, interest rate swaps, credit defaults swaps rates, repurchase agreements and equity derivatives. In an average trading day, Tradeweb facilitates more than $525 billion in notional value traded. Description of the position:
Tradeweb's Finance function operates as one global team across three different locations - London, New York and New Jersey. The department consists of over 20 employees overseen by the CFO, based in New York. In London, the team is managed by the Director, Head of Finance.
Tradeweb is currently looking to recruit a Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team. The vision for this role is that the successful candidate will build a working knowledge of Tradeweb's products, pricing, systems and data as quickly as possible and then leverage this foundation to add value to the business.
The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to support a wide range of strategic analysis and decision-making in a fast moving setting; navigating between fine operational details and the overall vision of Tradeweb's goals. This is a hands-on role with a primary focus on budgeting, monthly forecasting, and annual planning processes across all Tradeweb activities. Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the reporting on performance against Forecast, identifying key drivers and flagging any underlying opportunities/issues.
- Manage quarterly reconciliation of components of P&L, free cash flow and net cash flow across multiple business unit
- Take overall responsibility for team output and deadlines and manage workload effectively across the team
- Help the team develop within their roles by ensuring they are being given enough challenge to expand their knowledge and enough support to be able to develop new skills
- Present results to the leadership team to enable to them to clearly understand key drivers and any business decisions required
- Responsibility for all commercial finance duties over smaller products
- Develop analysis/tools to track business growth for products to better understand its drivers
- Maintain continuous alignment of our wider team efforts on projects which have high impact on Tradeweb's finance and accounting processes
- Build and maintain a dynamic forecasting model and strategic plan that blends top down and bottoms up assumptions.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of insightful analyses and materials for senior management/investor relations for quarterly press releases, earnings calls and Board of Directors presentations
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis, with exposure to financials, accounting, and operating budget management.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA), BA/BSc 2:1 or above (or equivalent), and strong academic record
- Advanced excel modelling skills with experience developing business models, designing strategic frameworks, increasing the complexity of financial models and simplifying complex situations
- Previous management experience is essential
- Proven track record of influencing stakeholders and senior management