Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Jan 18 2018-01-08
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance. We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We are looking for a new member to join our fantastic Finance team as Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to develop and lead financial planning and commercial finance across the business.
To be considered you must have a great ability to build effective and influential relationships, excellent project management skills and a solid grounding across a range of accountancy disciplines. In addition, a personable, dynamic and energetic personality is crucial, in line with the entrepreneurial spirit of the management team and the organisation.
- Own the development of budget & forecast processes across Zopa
- Development of financial modelling across the business
- Balance Sheet and capital management
- Supporting various business units and senior management with finance requests to improve initiatives & efficiency
- Developing in depth metrics to support revenue and cost forecasts
- Running a monthly process with budget holders to compare forecast vs actual
- Monthly production of data for financial performance review
- Monitor and develop financial KPIs
- System and reporting implementation
- Board level and ad hoc reporting where required
- Reports into the CFO
- Responsible for the development of the FP&A team
What you'll be like:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience, 3-5 being in FP&A
- Happy to dive into the detail and be hands on as well as being able to articulate and present to senior stakeholders across the business
- Prior banking or fintech experience highly desirable
- 3-5 years of experience in medium size company, ideally start-up with fast growth
- In depth knowledge of SQL, Excel and PowerPoint, including macros
- Preferably knowledge of Tableau or similar
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.