Head of Financial Accounting & Reporting - Start up
London, England, United Kingdom
Eames Consulting Group is working in exclusive partnership with a highly entrepreneurial and pioneering Insurance Business seeking to appoint a first time Head of Financial Accounting & Reporting. This pivotal senior leadership position would broadly manage all internal and external financial reporting, forming an integral part of the executive management team of this new venture.
Responsibilities will encompass:
- Oversight of all monthly and quarterly internal financial and management reporting;
- Management of the annual audit and interim and year end external reporting process including consolidated/group accounts under local GAAPs and IFRS;
- Maintain all accounting policies and procedures - working with advisers where necessary;
- Stakeholder management including a number of high profile external providers (audit, tax etc);
- Management and leadership of a small Finance team;
- Significant involvement in ad hoc project work.
The preferred candidate will be:
- Qualified Accountant - ideally ACA/CA trained in a large accounting firm - with relevant financial reporting experience in the Financial Services sector;
- Alternatively you could be a Senior Manager, AD or Director in Audit or Accounting Advisory in a Big 4 firm or equivalent looking for a first move into industry;
- Strong technical knowledge - IFRS, CASS etc;
- Adept at managing internal and external stakeholders in a corporate and complex business
Salary and package on offer is well above the market average in addition to the opportunity to create and build your own team in a highly unique and dynamic business. Please apply online for immediate consideration or for more information or an initial confidential discussion then please contact Glen Roberts on 07506 657265 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.