An exciting Head of Finance opportunity to lead a finance team of 5 in a strategic investor that focuses on investing in growth businesses - a platform that is forward thinking in where it invests.
This represents and exciting time to join as the Head of Finance.
The growth of the business and investment ethos is very exciting and by default the work the finance team has to do is focused on the value add. A great time to be leading a finance team of 5.
This role will be the right hand person to the CFO/FD in being the leader of the "engine room" of a team of 5 financial accountants
Some of the responsibilities :
- Ensure the Accounting Team meets its key objectives and deliverables, servicing both Investment Companies (as per the Service Level Agreements) and the Internal Core Business.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a robust control’s framework.
- Work with the Groups third party tax, legal and compliance advisors to ensure all external deadlines are met.
- Assist in tax planning for the group.
- Oversee the group’s treasury policy and cash reporting, including payment controls, liquidity management, FX sales, cashflow forecasts.
- Oversee and review the management packs and board papers, presenting in meetings where required.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new Investee businesses, on-going monthly reporting and budgeting, in conjunction with the Investment Team.
We are looking for forward thinking finance talent that can demonstrate the following :
- Experience in managing a portfolio of companies across different regions
- Technical accounting knowledge essential (for example, business combinations, share schemes etc) as well as experience of complex consolidations.
- The ability to manage a busy team, offering support, guidance and leadership.