Head of Finance
DESCRIPTION At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world.
Amazon is seeking a Head of Finance focused on our Under the Roof Operation - to be responsible for and oversee critical functions for Amazon Logistics - our rapidly expanding internal delivery operation, purpose-built to achieve and exceed the delivery quality, speed demands and sustainability goals of Amazon customers.
A Head of Finance for Amazon Logistics will be the finance owner for disruptive new initiatives, with a focus on business partnering, strategic and collaborative support, financial controllership and cost reduction. Managing a team this person will partner with multiple stakeholders to provide timely evaluations, insightful guidance, and financial support to this high-growth organization. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various operational, finance and other teams to identify best practices across the network and yield cost improvement efforts.
The Head of Finance will also own long term strategic planning, annual planning, variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews, and ad-hoc projects and financial support as needed.
• Partner with your team and develop control activities, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your operations & other business partners around our Under the Roof Operation. This includes expansion of our delivery network, building capacity, enhancing the experience and productivity of our operations, providing commercial guidance to make great decisions.
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners - you influence the strategy. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how actions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Manage others, develop exceptional talent, and encourage your team to review assumptions
• Expertise in collecting, evaluating, interpreting and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful proposals to focus business improvement and cost reductions
• Partner with Operations, Retail, IT, Fulfillment teams to drive cost out and optimal cross functional decisions that maximize Amazon's long term free cash flow.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in finance and/or accounting
• University degree or equivalent
• Strong PC modeling skills including advanced proficiency in MS Excel
• Experience of leading a team
• Leadership experience in a multinational country environment
Analytical, with a enthusiasm for learning and delivering innovative customer centric solutions
MBA or other advanced Qualification degree
Experience communicating and presenting to multiple peer groups and levels of management
Industry experience in e-commerce, distribution, retail, or any other state of the art Supply Chain/Logistics industrial company
Ability to think both analytically and strategically - to go beyond the numbers and to think logically about underlying business issues.
Demonstrated experience of successfully driving complex, milestone driven projects and carrying out changes across multi-country entities.