Our client is an award-winning boutique Investment Manager with a broad focus across different strategies. They are seeking to appoint a Head of Finance as a result of continued growth. This is truly a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and top-tier Financial Controller to step into a broad and challenging role with a progressive and forward-thinking business.
Reporting into the CFO, this is a key hire to underpin the next stage of growth for the business. Candidates will have experience of managing cyclical financial reporting requirements including leading budgeting and forecasting processes, as well as liaising with external auditors. As a regulated business, you will take responsibility for our financial reporting to the FCA and preparation of the company’s annual ICAAP, so previous experience in a regulated industry would be welcome.
The role also includes significant exposure to our private equity operations. You will be responsible for delivering all management and statutory reporting for our suite of investments, including involvement in the biannual portfolio valuations.
The right individual will have a demonstrable track record and be comfortable presenting to senior leadership. It is an exceptionally exciting time to join our business, as we look to combine our already very strong track record with ambitious growth strategies. This role will play an essential part in helping us to deliver against those objectives.
Management and leadership
- Responsibility for all financial elements of the business
- Responsibility for the finance function on cross-functional projects
- Lead role on biannual external audits
- Line management and development of Management Accountant
- Maintaining a robust financial control environment
- Lead preparation of annual budget and 3 Year Plan
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts and KPIs, presenting to CFO
- Lead monthly reforecasting and cost reviews with budget owners
- Responsibility for the preparation of statutory accounts, corporation tax and VAT returns
- Responsibility for FCA filings and maintaining annual ICAAP
- Identify and implement enhancements to management information
- Responsibility for the preparation of all management and financial reporting for investments.
- Work with Private Equity team to prepare biannual valuation of portfolio investments
- Partner with Investor Services and Private Equity teams to determine allocation of new investments
- Strong academic record and applicable accounting qualification
- 7+ years PQE including experience in a business partnering and/or financial reporting role
- Team player
- Independent thinker with gravitas
- Willingness to get stuck in; this is not an ivory tower role
- Commercial and street smart
- Experience in a fund management or private equity environment would be helpful, but not essential