Head of Finance
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 20 Mar 18
The Head of Finance will manage all aspects of finance of the local operations and provide support to the Head Office in all areas of Bank's business financials in assigned location. The Head of Finance is one of the primary points of contact with the regulatory authorities and the external and internal auditors and is key in ensuring good relationships with such bodies.
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Head of Finance, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
- Ensures good corporate governance is applied throughout the organization. consolidated/ overall approved limits.
- Ensure timely and accurate information as well as disclosure of all material matters concerning the operations.
- Develop mechanisms designed to ensure compliance with all relevant local laws and regulations and also international laws and regulations.
- Assist Country GM in developing/ creating the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes pertaining to the financial reporting related process and monitor the achievements of its individual departments/ units on periodic basis.
- Provides leadership on creating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the departments under the incumbent's supervision for performance monitoring purposes
- Establishes and enhance relationships with regulatory authorities to ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are complied with
- Establishes and enhance relationships with tax authorities to ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with
- Liaises with external auditors on matters pertaining to presentation and disclosure of financial statements, emerging financial reporting trends, impacts of proposed accounting standards
- Builds and maintain strong and effective relationship with the all other related departments and units to achieve the Bank's goals/ objectives
- Responsible for Annual Budget for the allocated Country and monitoring of variances to actual vs budget, throughout the year
- Ensures accurate and timely presentation of all Head Office and external reporting
- Responsible for tax compliance, including direct, indirect, employment and withholding taxes
- Maintains the Bank Fixed Asset register, add new assets and disposals, and update depreciation records
- Ensure timely processing of vouchers and maintenance of relevant records
- Monitors/updates the Bank expenses on a regular basis
- Develops and follows-up on yearly budget for the Bank
- Manages day-to-day business for relevant QNB entities, including audit, tax, accounting, yearly consolidation, (relationship with investors), suppliers and real estate advisors, reporting to the Group and relationship with external providers
- Maintain an understanding of all pertinent regulations as well as best practices pertaining to financial and management reporting
- Sound knowledge of local tax regulations and practices and IFRS
- Bachelor/ Masters degree preferably in finance, accountancy or related subjects
- Professional qualification such as CPA, ACA, MBA etc. is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years experience within a banking Finance role
- Sound knowledge of relevant statistics, local relevant regulatory banking regulation and local tax systems
- Excellent understanding of Risk Management aspects (Liquidity & Interest Rate Risk)
- Excellent understanding of international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Ability to manage external auditors and manage relationships with external tax authorities
- Ability to coordinate with several units within the branch to resolve various issues.
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills (preference for Advanced Excel skills and /or EQ3/4 Banking system expertise).
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph