Head of European Business Engagement
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Head of European Business Engagement Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The role holder will be part of the Global Engagement Team, with the responsibility of creating, planning and executing the employee engagement strategies of the Head of Executive Committee. The role will support the Head of HSS, Europe and report to the Head of HSS, UK. The role holder will work with the Global Engagement Team to implement process in Europe that enables the execution of clear and consistent multi-layer messaging relevant to all staff as well as specific geographies, functions and seniority levels.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Ability to take full ownership for deliverables and to work on own initiative - a "can do" attitude
- Strong understanding of HSBC and the Securities Services business/Transaction Banking industry
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work confidently and effectively with senior executives across all geographies
- Experience in a communications / employee engagement / general management role desirable
- A strong team player who can work collaboratively with peers and manage and deliver excellent performance from teams and individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of communication trends and best practices
- Broad knowledge of financial services industry and global marketplace
- Ability to interact comfortably with colleagues at all levels within the Bank
- Flexibility and responsiveness
- Planning and prioritisation skills
- IT Skills - deep knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.