Miryco Consultants are working with a leading global insurance company, seeking a Head of Enterprise Risk to join their Risk and Compliance division. The successful candidate will enable business strategy, protect clients, and embed and steward a strong risk culture.
- Lead the design, implementation, ongoing oversight, and regular review of the group’s enterprise risk management framework ensuring it complies all relevant rules and obligations.
- Implement, maintain and raise awareness of the Enterprise Risk Framework, including: Corporate Risk Profile; Risk Appetite; Risk Taxonomy; Key Risk Indicators; and Governance.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to complete risk appetite monitoring.
- Contribute to the production of risk reports for the Board, Risk Committee, and others as required.
- Administer the process for the capture of loss events and near misses and investigate and document the root cause of incidents and planned remedial actions.
- Track risk management actions to timely completion.
- Maintain records and progress trackers of all ERM activities
- Contribute to an effective ORSA process and report, including a focus on individual syndicates.
- Provide training to the business to support and implement a strong risk culture
- Develop an emerging risk framework including identification and mitigation, roles and responsibilities (of both 1st and 2nd Line).
- Maintain an emerging risk log.
- Contribute to risk and control assessments as appropriate to ensure that all existing, new and emerging risks are appropriately captured and managed.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to influence and manage a team of professionals.
- Accomplished relationship manager.
- Clear definition of 1st and 2nd line understanding and responsibilities.
- Experience in managing 1st and 2nd line challenge and articulating 2nd line risk perspective.
- Experience in the development, maintenance, and oversight of Risk Management.
- Significant experience and knowledge in financial services, preferably in insurance.
- Experience in implementing effective ORSA, including a focus on individual syndicates.
- Evidence of 2nd line challenge.
- General commercial and financial knowledge.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.”
For similar opportunities, follow Miryco Consultants on LinkedIn.