- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Head of End-User Sevices
Head of End-User SevicesTeam Overview
Group IT Infrastructure is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices, but the bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore and New York.
Overview of role
This role will manage the estate for a FTSE 100 company. The role will pull together all of the end user teams being desktop support, desktop engineering, mobility, service desk and off-shore partners. All touch points to the users, in 34 offices needs to be standardised, so that we can create one single user experience across the whole of Schroders. We must adopt global standards, so that the look and feel of every office is consistent and familiar. Schroders needs to adopt cloud technologies from numerous providers to make our users as productive as possible. We have a key strategic delivery to make our users to anything, from anywhere, on anything.
The role will involve working one day per week in our new Technology Operations Centre in Horsham.
• Developing all architecture, engineering and operations for Schroders globally.
• Responsible for the global delivery of all common user facing technology including Desktop (Physical. VDI and Laptop), Telephony, Exchange, Unified Comms and Mobile.
• Leadership of distributed EUC engineering teams
• Create and execute the strategy across the technical verticals, bringing this together as a single strategy for User Services.
• Ensure that the technology and service being delivered aligns to our Client Centric approach.
• Timely management of risk and audit items across the department, paying particular attention to those with regulatory requirements
• Ensure delivery within Budget
• Maintain and grow relationships with key partners and vendors, ensuring maximum benefit is gained from those.
• Stay up to date with latest developments across the EUC technology stack.
• Engage with key stakeholders across the business to ensure technology is delivering to business requirements.
• Experience of enterprise wide rollout and support of O365, EOL, Windows 10, Office 2016 and VDI Desktops is essential.
• Responsible for Mobile device build design, rollout and support, Hardware Asset Management and CMDB management for EUC.
• Responsible for securing all desktops and mobile devices (in conjunction with InfoSec)
• Formulate a global platform desktop strategy, and seek global buy-in.
• Make sure all aspects of desktop are designed, engineered and operated to support Schroders globally.
• Work closely with the head of automation and tooling to ensure all platforms are fully orchestrated and flexible in their architecture.
• Work closely with the Security teams to ensure all designs and deployments are globally secure and aligned to the group standards.
• Manage productivity tooling and use of cloud technologies
• Work with regional regulators and compliance departments to make sure all strategies are acceptable.
• Seek to virtualize the application estate to allow seamless working on a plethora of devices.
• Manage security and patch management.
• Manage the global vendors and off shore operations.
• Manage a team to perform at high standard including setting goals and targets.
• Establish global standards for hardware and configurations.
• Maintain high-levels of uptime across the entire estate.
• Build a next-generation platform, capable of automated deployment and delivery.
• Plan and build an internal cloud, comparable to public clouds in look and feel.
• Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
• Background in financial services or similar regulated entity.
• Experienced in user-facing systems
• Experienced in cloud technologies, specifically Microsoft and Office 365
• Understand the importance of metrics and statistics when measuring performance and capacity
• In-depth knowledge operating systems
• In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies
• Detailed knowledge of how to build highly scalable architectures
• Knowledge on automation and operating efficiencies
• Knowledge on Group Policies and AD architectures
• Understand latency and it's affect on applications.
• Understanding desktop architectures
• In-depth knowledge of the latest Microsoft and Apple technologies
• Good knowledge of MDM technologies and their alternatives
• Excellent IT leadership skills supported by solid management experience
• Excellent people leadership skills, with ability to identify/nurture talent in line with business drivers
• Solid relationship management skills including strong collaboration with Change colleagues
• Risk management including cyber security
• Exposure to and experience of agile approaches, driving/supporting appropriate use
• Educated to degree level with evidence of ongoing professional development
• Experience in facilitating and hosting workshops and focus groups with SMEs and senior stakeholders
• Experience of financial services/insurance sectors
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.