Head of Emerging Technologies, New Technologies, Innovation
- £100000 - £140000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cornwallis Elt
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
Head of Emerging Technologies - New Technologies, Innovation, Digital Transformation, Stakeholder Management, Retail Customer Facing, Asset Management, Financial Services
My client, a FTSE 100 company, are looking for a Head of Emerging Technologies to join them on a permanent basis in their city-based office. The main purpose of this role will be to define and champion the strategic digital response to opportunities bought about by the emergence of any new technologies. You will have to ensure that innovation is being pushed through the use of technology in order to accelerate the digital transformation of the retail businesses.
The role will report into the Group Chief Digital & Technology Officer (Retail), establishing highly effective relationships with key businesses, data, IT stakeholders, business partners both internal and extra to ensure that digital businesses are being accelerated with agility, speed and innovation whilst continuously lowering unit costs.
There is also another part to this role which has a specific focus on Technology Investments, this role will hold great responsibility as you will have to seek out and champion favorable opportunities to make strategic investments into technology start-ups, focusing on emerging technologies. Therefore, a keen interest in new technologies and practices in order to create business value is a must here.
- Track record in championing and implementing technology innovation initiatives, preferably within the Financial Services Industry
- Software sciences degree desirable or relevant experience (technical early career)
- Ability to identify new technologies and trends in technology
- Experienced in working with new technologies and able to demonstrate this knowledge
- Previously been in a managerial role where decision making for the business is key
- Able to liaise with stakeholders and business members when introducing new tech
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to make their mark within a reputable company that are moving towards ‘new-age’ innovation.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50. You can also follow our live roles on the website at http://www.cornwalliselt.com/live_roles and on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cornwalliselt