Head of EMEA Gas and Power Analytics
JobDescription : Location:
12-13 ( for internal purposes only) The Role:
The EMEA Head of Gas & Power Analytics will help develop and drive the coverage across our existing European Gas & Power services as well as oversee the introduction of new markets in the Middle East and Africa, reflecting the widening connection among gas and power markets in Europe, the Mideast, and Africa.
Based in London, the EMEA Head of Gas & Power Analytics will be responsible at the regional level for a team of approximately 15 analysts. This team is responsible for analyzing all aspects of European Gas & Power markets across the entire value chain of supply, demand, inventory and price. The primary goal of the position will be to manage the quality and development of the content and the team. The position also involves engagements and interactions with other internal stakeholders. Extensive presentation work will be required with external customers and at conferences as a primary representative of Platts Analytics.
As part of the Global Gas and Power leadership team the individual will also be responsible for ensuring we have one Global and integrated outlook both in the short and long term outlooks. In addition, the role will be a member of the Platts Analytics Leadership Team responsible to representing the views of all the Analysts in Europe and cascading information back to them . The Impact
- Responsible for the insights into EMEA Gas and Power and developing our proprietary customer content.
- Lead Content Enhancement
- Work with Modelling and Data and Product Management to develop and improve new models and Product Enhancements
- Ensure good Model Governance and look to make processes LEAN
- Set the team's content direction and annual goals consistent with wider Analytics and commercial strategy
- Contribute to regular content generation processes
- Review and critique content, modeling outputs, and forecasts
- Ensure content alignment across gas and power with oil, NGLs, coal and carbon
- Ensure content is properly reviewed, proofed and edited
- Facilitate effective interfaces with the European Data and Modeling team
- Work with News to leverage the Market Insights organization and maximize exposure of Platts Analytics.
- Coordinate team workflows
- Hold team meetings to enable effective communication across the team
- Identify development needs and match them to training and development opportunities
- Hold 1:1s for coaching, mentoring and career discussions
- Develop robust succession plans.
- Oversee recruitment of new team members
Internal Stakeholder engagement/interactions
- Analytics and News - support interactions in areas of content overlap
- Work closely with Product Management and ensure aligned Product Strategy
- Operations - Rollout, test, and adopt new forms of content and data distribution
- Commercial - review financial health of product line, new prospects, and clients at risk
- Prioritize client engagements across client base and among team members
- Align goals/plans with wider product strategy
- Contribute to ad-hoc cross-functional projects
External Engagement Representative
- Work closely with Analytics Sales Specialists and develop Structure Market Engagements to help to grow revenue through retention and new customer acquisition.
- Client discussions, site visits, calls
- Seminar presentations
Platts Leadership Team Representative for London Analytics cohort
The Career Opportunity:
- Cascade Op-Co information to Europe-based Analytics team cohort
- Represent all Europe Analysts views in Platts Leadership
- Connect to higher level strategy, e.g. presenting at strategic theme parks
- Ad-hoc support, especially for London-based Analytics staff whose line managers/teams are geographically remote
This integral role offers a challenging environment as a senior manager, who is expected to work well in collaboration with senior leaders as well as showing strong individual leadership and assuming considerable responsibility for the delivery of essential analytics in the form of market fundamentals, data, and forecasting. The Team/the Business:
The role will work in conjunction with other areas of Gas & Power Analytics such as North American Gas & Power, Global LNG, and Global Power. More broadly, a working relationship will also be required with Oil, NGL, and Petrochemical analytics. The position will also work closely with relevant units across the organization such as Product, Marketing, Sales and Conferences. The Required Skills
About S&P Global Platts
- Advanced degrees in economics or business preferred, together with at least five years of experience in gas and power markets. Some combination of strengths in analytics, modeling, trading, reporting, writing, and forecasting
- Previous management experience and strong leadership ability, which utilizes influencing skills and promotes team collaboration and development as well as personal accountability
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally
- Strong numeracy skills including ability to conceptualize proportional relationships and to understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics as well as a strong ability to apply basic math functions in Excel. Experience in quantitative analysis an advantage
- Good knowledge of advanced modelling techniques and data usage (eg. SQL, Python, etc)
- Skilled at identifying improvements and efficiencies and implementing processes that continually promote productivity and quality improvements
- Strong critical thinking skills and expert at problem/conflict resolution
- Industry connections
- Deeper knowledge of the global energy markets - physical, exchange-traded and over-the-counter
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com To all recruitment agencies
: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.