Head of EMEA Client Contracting
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are...
You will ensure the team delivers the EMEA-managed client contracts for both new business through to change management and restructure of existing business.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination, management and oversight of the legal agreements for all segregated client on-boarding's and rebate / distribution / share class agreements across the sales channels, ensuring that excellent relationships are maintained with all internal stakeholders at all times and that new client business is implemented to the most efficient and highest standards. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time...
The EMEA Client Services team is responsible for the successful on-boarding and continued service delivery to our clients globally, invested via segregated accounts and pooled funds. This team is a core function of the business linking key communication and processes between sales areas with fund management, risk, legal and compliance, reporting and operational departments. The Client Contracting team resides within Client Services.
Ensuring successful and controlled management of legal agreements for new segregated client account business and change management of existing segregated client business, and the coordination of rebate, distribution and share class agreements:
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have...
- Leading and developing the Client Contracting team.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring that all legal documentation (investment management agreements, investment guidelines, fee schedules, rebate, distribution and share class agreements), ensuring these are all vetted, approved and documented by stakeholders prior to go live.
- Internal coordination of the negotiation and completion of legal agreements
- Review and analyse investment management agreement, investment guidelines, and other relevant schedules
- Coordinate review and input from appropriate business areas to complete documents
- Coordinating all relevant documentation required for client on-boarding across the business
- Effective communication to impacted business areas
- Documentation of issue resolution and status updates
- Capture of pricing arrangements
- Partner with Client Services team and key business leaders - legal, compliance, sales, finance, portfolio managers, performance measurement, and operations - to support the negotiation of mandate terms
- Partner with Client Services team to ensure effective workflow, consistent process execution and unified approaches to service offering.
- Working closely with Client On-boarding Project manager and Client Services Leadership Team to ensure effective prioritisation and escalation of agreements
- Obtaining effective sign-off from business areas
- Produce management reporting
- Lead and/or participate in process improvement projects for client contracting, including implementation of processes, ongoing monitoring (including development of solutions to automate monitoring process), and maintenance of books and records.
- Maintenance of internal controls systems
About Our Company What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers....
- Excellent people management, leadership and development skills
- Good investment management experience including solid understanding of asset management, financial instruments, administration processes, performance analysis and reporting
- Must be a structured individual with strong workflow management and project management skills
- Strong ability to work with others both in the team and across the business to achieve effective solutions and decisions.
- Excellent listening skills and assertive, empathetic approach to dealing with stakeholders within the business.
- Drive and enthusiasm demonstrated through strive to achieve a first class service management function.
- Ability to make clear decisions and exercise sound judgement; demonstrable problem solving, specifically around data and process
- Excellent facilitation and meeting management skills, being able to discuss complex/technical concepts
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.