Head of Digital Engagement – Customer Services
- Up to £100,000 plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 21 Apr 19
The Head of Digital Engagement for Customer Services will report to the CIO and will have overall ownership of all customer and agent facing websites, mobile apps and digital engagement channels, including webchat, multi-synchronous messaging and SMS campaigns. Locations: London, Edinburgh, Telford, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds. Other locations maybe considered for the right candidate and UK travel will be required
This is an exciting time for IT in HM Revenue & Customs, as they continue to implement bold plans to transform their IT and Digital Services. HMRC is becoming one of the most digital organisations in the UK and the plan is to be much bolder: by 2020 they will be one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
They have a massive challenge: they need to bring in more tax, reduce costs and improve the experience for customers. To do this, they are using smart data analysis and innovative IT systems to ensure that customers get their tax affairs right from the outset - and they are radically improving the technology they use to do this work.
The Head of Digital Engagement for Customer Services will report to the CIO and will have overall ownership of all customer and agent facing websites, mobile apps and digital engagement channels, including webchat, multi-synchronous messaging and SMS campaigns.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing governance and oversight across all CDIO digital engagement platforms and channels, to ensure co-ordination and alignment across all business verticals.
• Identifying, developing, implementing and optimising digital engagement across a diverse product and customer base, including digital adoption, containment and customer satisfaction.
• Coaching, leading and inspiring innovation across multi-skilled technology teams on initiatives that touch a range of technical platforms, to ensure HMRC is at the forefront of digital advancements.
• Working with the Head of Architecture and Innovation and application / solution architects to ensure architecture principles and standards are in line with security policies and are applied consistently.
• Partner extensively and cross functionally with line of business leaders, clearly defining strategic choices, and successfully communicating grounded recommendations – influencing upwards and laterally, and setting out compelling opportunities into scalable delivery models.
• Leading, motivating, developing and appraising senior digital technology leaders to ensure individual and collective performance meets current and future business needs
• Developing a long term vision through organisational capability building and establish effective delivery models.
• Influencing or creating complex budgets, prioritising spending based on return on investment (ROI) and strategic intent; this may include contract ownership and accountability for realisation of benefits.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an inspirational leader with management experience delivering customer centric projects and programmes.
You will also demonstrate:
• A passion for, and consistent track record of, shaping digital transformation and associated programmes across multi-disciplined organisations. With a strong commitment to accomplish industry firsts.
• The ability to design and maintain organisational strategies that address evolving digital and consumer trends.
• Extensive technical knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of digital engagement, such as user-centred design principles, predictive and proactive care, multivariate testing, digital marketing, and data utilisation (to drive customer innovation and digital optimisation).
• Experience in the management, development and implementation of change governance frameworks, standards, guidelines and procedures. A shown ability to analyse and summarise business requirements and translate them into a digital transformation journey.
• An excellent understanding of information security and control principles gained from experience in Information Security Management, Risk, Quality and Compliance roles.
• The establishment, promotion, adoption and containment of web, app and digital services. With a clear understanding of Micro-service architecture and API strategies/platforms.
• The ability to influence or create budgets that are complex, developing business cases that demonstrate a value driven approach to transformation. Capability to prioritise spending based on ROI and strategic intent.
• Consistent track record in building and developing teams - this will include initiating and delivering change, engendering a common culture, developing leadership and management capability.
• Senior stakeholder management. Understanding and working in partnership with the business to drive transformation and organisational change. Influential presentation and communication skills with ability to interact across all levels of management and external suppliers.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 12th May.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Justin Frankum on 0207 7963218