Head of Credit & Market Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Join RBS International as Head of Credit & Market Risk in Jersey or London
- Take on an important role leading on credit and market risk for all RBS International customer franchises across the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Luxembourg and London
- You'll need significant experience of developing and applying credit control frameworks
- It's an opportunity to put your leadership talents to great use, as you work at an executive level to ensure our business remains fully compliant with its regulatory responsibilities and continues to shape a robust and proactive risk culture
What you'll do
You'll challenge the first line of defence on the effectiveness of their management of credit, market, funding and liquidity risk in accordance with risk management policies, on a risk-based and issue-driven basis.
You're responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with the customer franchises and treasury to provide advice, support and insight enabling them to ensure that there is appropriate risk management strategies incorporated in the formulation of business strategy
- Overseeing the provision of credit portfolio exposures, analysis and reporting including stress testing and loss forecasting
- Ensuring credit, market, funding and liquidity policy and first line control requirements reflect compliance with all regulatory and prudential requirements, such as Basel III
- Ensuring credit, market, funding and liquidity risk policy and processes effectively mitigate risk and support our business' long term goals
- Ensuring credit risk exposures and market risk exposures across the business are contained within overall risk appetite
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic leader with strong experience of developing and applying credit control frameworks. Your ability to communicate and influence at executive level and externally with regulators will be essential. Thorough knowledge of the asset management sector, and particularly alternative investment funds would also be a significant advantage.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- In-depth knowledge of risk management and control processes appropriate to a financial services business, particularly in the credit, market, funding and liquidity risk environments
- The proven ability to exercise significant personal lending authority
- Experience working within a regulatory regime applicable to operational businesses in the financial services industry
- In depth knowledge of funding, liquidity and market risk
You'll also need senior management experience, ideally where you've had to operate effectively within a matrix structure.
As this role brings with it a significant degree of material responsibility it is designated as a certified role under the PRA and FCA Individual Accountability Regime. You'll need to hold a certificate issued by the bank on an annual basis, confirming you meet the bank's standards for fitness and propriety.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".