Head of Credit Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Broadgate Search Ltd
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
Broadgate Search are mandated to help search for a Head of Credit Risk for a Niche, fast growing Fintech company with a great culture in the heart of London.
- Advise the company on all aspects of credit risk management including ensuring that the company understands its risks and has robust standards, controls and practices in place to mitigate the risks which could impact upon its capital, earnings, reputation, business operations, opportunities or otherwise.
- Provision of timely information on the loan portfolio, trends, observed changes, performance, early warning indicators, and identification of risk pockets through regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Drive consistency in processes, governance and reporting across the company.
- Develop/Revise, agree and implement management information requirements and reporting (inclusive of determining Key Performance Indicators) for the Risk function and thereafter develop a MI suite that is regularly reviewed and provides the company with quick access to quantitative and non-quantitative information.
- Manage the business of the company’s Credit Risk Committee(s) and support the Chairmen of the committee(s).
- Manage execution risks relating to strategic initiatives and new business opportunities.
- Model governance to ensure that the credit risk models used are robust, reliable, effective and continue to be fit for purpose.
- Deliver management information to the Board and relevant committee(s).
- Provide oversight and challenge of the company’s Systems and Controls.
- Provide oversight and validation of the company’s external reporting of risk.
- Overseeing the underwriting and collections processes.
- Recommend and deliver enhancements to the company product suite.
- Analysis and reporting of “through-the-door” credit quality, scorecard performance, channel quality and overall credit performance.
- Oversee the delivery of the credit policy framework and perform analysis in order to recommend policy and scoring enhancements.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with key service providers (such as Credit Reference Agencies).
- Offer thought leadership to the business and engage with external bodies to set "industry leading" credit risk policies.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience within a reputable financial services organisation and demonstrable experience as required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Understanding and experience of the unsecured consumer lending sector.
- Excellent mathematical and / or statistical knowledge (including scorecard development and monitoring).
- Demonstrable experience of UK Credit Industry Regulation, e.g. Data Protection Act 1998, Principles of Reciprocity.
- Experience in developing or maintaining industry best practice credit policy.
- FCA regulatory framework and experience dealing with regulatory bodies including FCA and PRA.
- Experience and knowledge of the relevant controlled functions.
- Portfolio management skills (including MIS portfolio management reporting)
- UK governance regulations and best practice.
- Business finance and accounting.
- Risk management.
- University educated with an advanced degree (MSc or PhD) preferable.
If you would like to know more please contact Sam Luxton on 02038179757 or email@example.com