Our client is an established and diverse investment platform, specialising within Real Estate, Financial Services and Private Equity. They are seeking a Head of Corporate Finance to help execute existing strategies, as well as to help drive new initiatives.
Primarily responsible for appraising new investments, but also involved with ongoing investment management across the portfolio of companies maximising bottom-line opportunities for the business. Our client often builds businesses from scratch so involvement can be anything throughout the entire lifecycle from initial strategy & planning, merger, acquisition, organic growth, team hires, designing compensation plans. There is a significant emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit and value creation activities. The candidate must be able to deal assuredly and credibly with a wide variety of senior stakeholders that will include public board members, determined entrepreneurs and senior investors (institutional and private).
- Will handle all aspects of transactions, ongoing investments, risk management, business relationships, negotiations for new opportunities, existing REITs and other ongoing businesses and ventures.
- Value creation - Supporting a broad range of businesses and investments throughout the lifecycle from inception and creation through to exit. Noting this will be incredibly varied from business to business and investment to investment with each potentially requiring a tailored approach and solution or intervention.
- Support analysing pipeline of existing opportunities and, where relevant, in originating new business.
- Liaise with all stakeholders involved in transactions and assist or lead with negotiations.
- Negotiate and structure of key financial details.
- Identify and manage value items impacting the enterprise value and cash consideration.
- Assess business finances through quantitative analysis, determine opportunities and risks, pinpoint potential deal issues and deal breakers, and interpret strategic relevance.
- Design, review and assess financial models.
- Design, review and optimise tax structuring and considerations
- Collaboration and Relationship Management – Given our client's flat structure, the candidate should be an accomplished team player capable of managing senior relationships inside and outside of the portfolio to Board & Chairman level.
- Gravitas - The successful candidate will have the gravitas and capability to win confidence of a wide variety of prominent senior executives, investors, Group & Company Board Members, Chairmen and entrepreneurs covering a range of countries, situations and scenarios.
- Experience of Public Markets may be invaluable.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset in terms of dealing with a significant diverse portfolio that covers a multiple projects, investments, businesses and geographies.
- Will have attention to detail.
- Happy to roll sleeves up and demonstrate a hands-on works style.
- Direct and indirect people & team management & leadership experience.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Likely to be a qualified accountant and trained or worked with a major advisory or investment business.
If you would like to learn more about our client and their strategy, please submit your most up to date CV for consideration.