Senior Compliance Officer with SMF 16/17 (CF10/CF11) responsibility for international private bank.
Title: Head of Compliance / MLRO (SMF16/17)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
FINCO Search is working with an internationally established private bank servicing High Net Worth clients across the globe who are looking to add a Compliance officer that specialises in Compliance oversight and MLRO functions to their London office - they are looking for a self-managed and motivated individual who is currently an FCA approved SMF16/SMF17.
- Lead the UK Branch financial crime and compliance (FCC) and internal controls functions.
- Review and approve/challenge any new accounts in terms of CDD and KYC information.
- Coordinate and document the annual review of PEPs and High-Risk accounts, as well as the review of Medium and Low Risk accounts.
- Maintain FCC policies and procedures in accordance with UK regulatory requirements and Group policies and corporate governance guidelines.
- Identify, assess, and manage FCC risks across business activities for the UK Branch.
- Manage the UK Branch’s Compliance Monitoring Program and ensure controls are monitored for FCC.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant rules and regulations.
- Liaise with all relevant regulatory authorities where required, including the preparation of all Branch regulatory returns, SARS and STORs and ensure that they are prepared and sent on a timely basis.
- Perform the Money Laundering Reporting Office role for the Branch and the Nominated Officer responsibilities in the UK.
- Provide SME FCC advice to the business and senior management.
- Coordinate compliance training and internal controls training for branch staff.
- Advise all staff on new rules and regulations.
- Appraise the performance of the Branch’s staff.
- Manage effective due diligence and monitoring program to third parties and vendors.
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Work closely alongside the Group Chief Compliance Officer to prepare FCC reports.
- Perform monthly Horizon scanning to identify and accordingly deal with any new regulatory developments that will impact the business.
- Minimum 5 or more years’ worth of experience in a senior financial/regulatory compliance environment, ideally within a bank, asset management or investment advisory firm
- Degree educated or comparable work experience.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail and high-quality standards.
- Relevant professional development compliance qualifications from ICA, CISI or other professional development body.
- Proven management experience in Compliance and/or MLRO.
- A working knowledge of data protection and GDPR rules.
- Excellent knowledge of the regulations, the key factors and the legislation governing the financial sector in the UK including but not limited to MiFID II, AML, GDPR, local and regional regulations.
- Strong communicator with the ability to work with international teams and counterparts.
- Previous FCA approval as SMF16/SMF17 (CF10/CF11) is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the UK Tax Regulations.
- Fluent in French or another European language is a plus.
- Must hold full existing right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
For more information on this opportunity or to enquire as to other mandates then please contact Dan Day:
Tel: +44 (0)203 927 5082 (UK)