Head of Cognitive Care Solutions – Customer Services Technology
- Up to £100K plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 21 Apr 19
The Head of Cognitive Care Solutions for Customer Services will report to the CIO and will have overall responsibility for the end to end customer journey across all contact platforms. They will utilise technology and analytics to define a contact strategy that will provide a seamless customer experience at a personalised level. Locations: London, Edinburgh, Telford, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds. Other locations maybe considered for the right candidate and UK travel will be required
This is an exciting time for IT in HM Revenue & Customs, as they continue to implement bold plans to transform their IT and Digital Services. HMRC is becoming one of the most digital organisations in the UK and the plan is to be much bolder: by 2020 they will be one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
They have a massive challenge: they need to bring in more tax, reduce costs and improve the experience for customers. To do this, they are using smart data analysis and innovative IT systems to ensure that customers get their tax affairs right from the outset - and they are radically improving the technology they use to do this work.
The Head of Cognitive Care Solutions for Customer Services will report to the CIO and will have overall responsibility for the end to end customer journey across all contact platforms. They will utilise technology and analytics to define a contact strategy that will provide a seamless customer experience at a personalised level.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Adopting a portfolio view to lead end-to-end services which will include multiple products and channels operating at scale and providing the connection between multidisciplinary business areas and stakeholders. With overall responsibility for the delivery of multiple technology solutions across a number of large programmes and agile teams.
• Building analytical capability within the business, articulating the vision, technology and architecture of cognitive care across the estate.
• Maintain and develop the broader predictive/proactive care ecosystem, supported by domain expertise in RPA, AI and NLU and the ability to identify and apply breakthrough innovations and technologies within the cognitive care space.
• Define, implement and optimise the strategy to transform legacy channels into a more digitised, targeted, predictive and personalised contact model, through provisioning, deployment, tuning and support of platforms, systems and technology ecosystems that comprise cognitive care.
• Influence or create budgets that are complex and lead the budget by being able to prioritise spending based on return on investment (ROI) and strategic intent; this may include contract ownership and accountability for realisation of benefits.
• Lead, motivate and develop digital senior technical leaders and managers so that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and meets the current and future needs of the business.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an inspirational leader with management experience delivering customer centric projects and programmes.
You will also demonstrate:
• Leadership experience in data intelligence, data architecture and data governance with experience in leading data science, data warehousing, big data technology, master data management and data modelling both structured and unstructured.
• Extensive knowledge and maintenance of ongoing developments in the broader predictive/proactive care ecosystem, supported by domain expertise in RPA, AI and NLU.
• Shown experience designing and owning outbound service campaign management; utilising data and technology to reduce the cost to serve, removing unnecessary contact, and controlling/influencing channel behaviour based on customer journey (prioritising, designing and implementing strategic initiatives relating to Customer Success).
• Technical knowledge and expertise of tracking emerging technologies and business fit through participation in industry forums and consortiums to represent business interests and set standards / practice.
• Leadership and strategic influencing skills, strong decision making, negotiating and conflict resolution skills, effective relationship building skills (internal and external), and ability to coordinate several activities and priorities simultaneously.
• Consistent track record in building and developing teams - this will include initiating and delivering change, engendering a common culture, developing leadership and management capability to deliver sustainable performance.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date of 12th May.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Ben Gentle on 0207 7963218