Head of Change - IM Capabilities
About the opportunity Department Description
ISS Change is part of the COO function in Investment Solutions and Services (ISS) and leads the change portfolio across Investment management, Distribution and COO functions. ISS Change has accountability for:
Purpose of the Role
- Managing ISS Change Portfolio
- Establishing the Target Operating Model and ISS Roadmap
- Facilitating governance, and portfolio management of the overall ISS portfolio
- Delivery of projects and programmes (where ISS is the lead)
- Establishing and operating the overall change framework for ISS
Lead a portfolio of change supporting predominantly Investment Management. You will develop and lead a team of professionals to manage and deliver a portfolio of change in ISS supporting the strategy, target operating model and ISS roadmap.
Your role will predominantly focus on Investment Management capabilities (e.g. Investment Risk, Systematic F2B etc.) and the portfolio of work to support their transformation, but the nature of change and significance of transformation will require F2B and cross functional coordination.
Stakeholder management will be crucial with interaction with our most senior leads in ISS in multiple geographies. Additionally, partnering with Technology and other corporate enablers is crucial to maximising the value of our change portfolio. You will work as part of a team of key change leads who cover all aspects of the ISS Change Portfolio.
This is a senior role and expected this successful candidate will be have significant senior visibility and profile. Key Responsibilities
- Actively manage and optimize the change portfolio ensuring we deliver better value for FIL
- Shape, develop and lead a team of change professionals to support ISS change
- Play a leading role in flagship programmed ensuring successful delivery
- Manage and drive programme management capabilities
- Form close working relationships with key stakeholders across these functions and understand and help to shape their strategic change agenda. Provide SME knowledge, guidance and influence how the portfolio is structured to optimize delivery
- Provide oversight, regular reporting and updates across these portfolios, and be the point of entry for new change requests
- Partner as appropriate with other change delivery teams to deliver strategic global initiatives that benefit the whole organisation
- Be an active leader in the Change community ensuring we are working in tandem with Technology and other Change groups to deliver the best solutions for Fidelity
- Manage and provide guidance and mentoring to the team of project managers and drive ongoing improvement of the capability
- Lead and manage key initiatives
- Navigate the organisation, bring together stakeholders, negotiate differences and draw effective conclusions
- Facilitate and drive targeted reviews of local business priorities
- Measure the impact of change, including benefits reporting
- Be an organization SME in the use and application of change management tools and techniques
- Experience and Qualifications Required
About you About Fidelity International
- Extensive programme management experience within an asset management organisation
- Sound business understanding of asset management and wealth operations. Good understanding of the wider business strategies, market and competitive landscape
- Demonstrable experience in managing a portfolio of projects / programmes
- Track record of building, leading and mentoring teams of project managers
- Experience of overseeing portfolios of business change initiatives and of facing off to senior stakeholders
- Strong and proven track record in building and managing teams of project managers and interacting with multi-functional teams globally as a senior project manager
- Broad-based knowledge of support functions such as finance, legal, risk, compliance and HR
- Strong communication skills. Must establish good rapport and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work at different levels of detail, including a grasp of big picture concepts and complex detailed issues.
- Excellent planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Experience of balancing multiple tasks and playing different roles depending upon the size/type of project.
- Dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to make things happen
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.