Head of Cash Management Customer Support
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to head up a small team at a leading bank based in London. The Payments & Cash Management team deliver and support transactional banking products and services that are provided to our corporate customers which includes: • Bank accounts • Execution & settlement of domestic and international payment orders and collection services • Aecure electronic channels for the exchange of balance and transaction information and payment orders • Domestic and international inter-company cash pooling and invoice netting • Cheque and cash deposit and withdrawal facilities including open credit arrangements
Purpose of the role:
- Part of the Global Transaction Banking business line, the Customer Support team is a front office client facing team within the Payments & Cash Management department, and the role of the Head of Customer Support is to lead this team in their day to day activity.
- This a busy environment and the team are key to the delivery and support of the transactional banking products and services offered by the Payments & Cash Management department,
- Supervising the team to ensure that a high-quality service is delivered
- Demonstrating clear communication by providing both colleagues and customers with relevant information
- Researching and developing product knowledge to provide appropriate support and guidance on the banks products, and services
- Lead, and develop the Customer Support team to ensure they have both the knowledge and skills required to perform their role.
- Working with the front office sales team to facilitate the delivery of products and services for customers
- Co-ordinating customer on-boarding, account opening and closure within the team.
- Supervising the implementation and support of both domestic and international Cash Management products and services.
- Quality control checks
- Interacting with the back office teams when required
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Clear and effective communication skills
- A flexible attitude
- Able to work autonomously
- Organised and able to prioritise work appropriatel
- Operational knowledge of UK and SEPA payment and collection schemes
- Knowledge of Swift messages and cross border settlement methods (cover/serial) desired
- Strong analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Minimum 5 years transactional banking experience ideally within a UK bank
- Educated to degree level
- Strong Written and spoken English
- Other languages desired but not essential