Head of Application Hosting Architecture
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
Join us as a Head of Application Hosting Architecture in London
- Build your career in a highly strategic role in NatWest Markets and help us shape the future of our business and the technical platforms on which it depends
- You'll be leading a small team of infrastructure and strategy experts as we transition our applications to the cloud and build out our future platforms
- You'll be leading the way on new technology and innovation, and driving the architecture we'll need to help our business deliver great value
What you'll do
You'll lead a small technical team as we transition our applications to the Cloud, and you'll help shape our strategy for future platforms and applications. You'll establish the architecture guidelines and principles for platforms and applications and then hand these over to our engineering function who will do the design work and create solutions in line with your specifications.
You'll play a key role in building out our initial cloud structure and shaping our future technology strategy, and this will involve collaboration with security and controls teams to ensure compliance with all controls and regulatory requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the technical aspects for the strategic adoption of Cloud services
- Identifying, qualifying and documenting service that are needed to meet the functional, control and cost targets of the business
- Defining technical approaches related to the consumption of services defined in the Cloud catalogue in areas such as Infrastructure as Code
- Owning the technical blueprints and patterns that define best practise for service consumption and approach
- Providing technical leadership and oversight for all activities related to the identification and consumption of cloud based services
- Advocating Cloud service adoption and the modern approaches required to deliver success
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented leader who is very familiar with current enterprise infrastructure technologies. You'll need to combine your technical expertise with an understanding of the needs of large financial firms, and ideally investment banks.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of current application development technologies and lifecycles
- An understanding of cloud technologies, infrastructure as a service (Iaas), platform as a services (Paas) function as a service (FaaS) machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build trusting relationships and bridge the gap between infrastructure and application teams
- Experience of negotiating and influencing at senior level stakeholders, potentially with different drivers and ambitions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and pension funding. We also offer a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.