Hardware Engineer, Trading Team
Up to £150k + bonus Summary
Unique in their field, this HFT fund has the lively, positive spirit of a start-up with the stability of a longer-established player. They hire exceptional talent in Maths, Physics and Computer Science, from across the trading, tech and start-up industries, to apply cutting-edge research to global financial markets.
One of their growing quant trading teams is looking to hire a dynamic Hardware Engineer with HDL development experience and ideally an understanding of C++.
You will collaborate extensively with traders and technologists to evolve, improve and maintain all elements of the team infrastructure. This role offers the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of interesting and challenging problems involving high performance computing, software design and big data, where most problems require high-availability, high-throughput and low-latency solutions.
The trading team sees technology as a key component of their continued success and candidates will be exposed to cool, cutting-edge technologies. The successful Hardware Engineer will be enthusiastic about development and able to solve difficult technical problems in a fast-paced and energetic environment. Requirements
- At least 5+ years' hands-on development experience in HDL (SystemVerilog/VHDL) with C++ knowledge
- Solid experience in solving numerical problems with existing commercial architectures (CPU/GPU/FPGA/etc.)
- Sound knowledge of bridging solution from both hardware & software
- Experience in Linux system programming & computer architecture
- Desirable: exposure to Python or a willingness to gain proficiency quickly
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Enormous opportunity to grow, learn and have an impact
- Contributions are rewarded; career progression supported
- Unique culture where you can fulfil your potential through collaboration and mutual respect
If this sounds like you, or you'd like to know more, please get in touch. Andy Stirling-Martin
Up to £150k + bonus