HR Coverage Associate - Investment Management/Research/BRM/MSFS
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Human Resources provide support and strategy at every level of Morgan Stanley’s business. It helps firm and business unit management with strategic direction in employee recruiting, retention, development and compensation. HR generalists partner with individual business units to deliver services in data analysis, employee relations, compensation analysis and performance management. Other HR teams are product-focused, specialising in compensation, benefits, recruiting, reporting and learning and development services.
The HR team in Europe is based predominately in London and consists of HR generalists (‘Coverage Officers’) and specialists in their particular disciplines, such as Compensation, Benefits and Training. The HR team is supported by a Shared Service Centre, based in Scotland.
We have a junior Coverage vacancy supporting a broad and complex client group across a number of diverse businesses including; Investment Management, Research, Bank Resource Management and Fund Services businesses. This role will provide a strong Coverage Analyst / Associate (or equivalent) with an excellent platform for progression.
The specific responsibilities of the role will depend on the candidate but will encompass a broad range of generalist activities including employee relations, recruitment, reward and compensation, and talent management. The successful candidate will have a good HR foundation and be able to demonstrate the ability or potential to operate across the full range of HR disciplines. The incumbent must be able to work effectively with employees at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work on a range of interesting and challenging issues and to further develop a strong generalist HR skill set.
Purpose of Role:
To work proactively with the business and HR team to ensure the effective development and delivery of HR initiatives that support business priorities.
Client Coverage -
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients across several groups, demonstrating the appropriate flexibility of style to work with different clients.
- Work with other team members to ensure seamless client coverage and assume responsibility and ownership of specific employee populations within broader client group as appropriate.
Employee Relations -
- Work with the business to interpret and apply Morgan Stanley policies and procedures.
- Ensure managers deal appropriately with employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome.
- Liaise with in-house legal advisors and the Employee Relations team where necessary.
- Manage disciplinary and grievance procedures (as applicable).
- Work with managers to monitor and manage Short and Long-Term Disability cases, undertaking regular feedback meetings with the Firm’s Occupational Health Doctor, liaising with the Benefits team and making referrals to the Occupational Health team or permanent health insurance providers, as appropriate.
- Manage Flexible Working Application requests, work with managers to find solutions and conduct appropriate meetings.
- Act as a point of contact for maternity cases and manage the maternity process for some cases.
- Work in partnership with the International Services team to identify appropriate transfer packages and manage the relocation of employees.
- Work in partnership with the BU and recruitment team on recruitment related queries at all levels including giving advice in relation to appropriate salary benchmarking, hire level and background screening issues.
-Work proactively with the business on recruitment including identifying and selecting appropriate sources of candidates and effective sourcing of lateral hires.
- Work with the team Analyst to ensure timely and accurate administration of personnel transactions i.e. hires, transfers, terminations etc, including documentation, processing and auditing of transactions.
- Where required conduct exit interviews, analyse/interpret/respond to relevant feedback.
Reward and Compensation -
- Work collaboratively with HR colleagues, managers during the annual Year End process, including co-ordinating, preparation for promotion round tables.
- Support managers on the annual talent ranking process
- Advising managers as required to ensure promotion and compensation decisions are based on performance.
- Conducting monthly audits to ensure data is accurate and reliable.
- Work with the HR Data team to produce management data, presenting this to the business unit as required.
- Advising managers on compensation structures for new hires.
Talent Management -
- Partner with the Talent team to ensure appropriate training and development is delivered to employees.
- Act as a point of contact regarding the Firm’s year round evaluation process to ensure timely and effective communication.
- Ensure that evaluation summaries accurately reflect feedback reports and advise managers on appropriate wording where necessary.
- Support managers who have specific performance issues they wish to address through the evaluation process and on an ongoing basis.
- Data gathering, analysing and information auditing.
- Participating in working groups, as appropriate, for example Training committees.
- Work closely with other Coverage officers and assist other divisions where required.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the Analyst on the team.
- Strong foundation of broad based HR generalist experience within a corporate blue chip environment.
- Degree or equivalent (CIPD preferred but not essential).
- Previous experience of supporting front office clients preferred but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to build relationships with managers at all levels.
- Methodical, rational and logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Compensation/data experience or aptitude; strong numerical skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Willingness to seek and identify alternative solutions when faced with an obstacle.
- Ability to take ownership, to work autonomously and willingness to be accountable whilst aware of own limitations and of when to seek guidance from more experienced colleagues.
- Strong team ethic and proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Flexible and professional approach.
- Ability to manage expectations of clients and colleagues.
- Ability to operate effectively within a global, matrix organisation.
- Focus on excellence and delivery to clients.
- High standards of integrity.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more